Please tell me we aren't the only couple to stay awake late debating topics that have little to do with anything related to their lives.
2. The big news at our house is that we filed our taxes this week. Okay. So that's not big news. But whatever. Go with it okay?
3. I started 2015 with a meal plan. Every week I write up a menu plan for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Then we shop for our menu. It's working for us. We have the groceries for the food we're going to eat. And the "Oh my gosh it's noon what should we have for lunch and do we have the ingredients oh my gosh no quick put some peanut butter on bread and call it good enough" lunches have gone by the wayside.
We still have peanut butter sandwiches though. Don't worry. It's just planned now!
4. C's new favorite song is "Something in My Shoe" by Raffi. He sings it all the time. My favorite part is when he sings "Wook it! Wook it! Woot it!"
5. It's the big football game this weekend. I even know who's playing in it. I have exactly zero preference for who wins however. And we only might watch. Husband and I have a long history of sort've watching the bowl that is super together while really working on other things.
We do have a plan to make some sort of football food though. Verdict's still out on what.
6. I've been trying to find practical experiences to help encourage counting and fine motor skills. So far I've come up with cooking and baking. And so we have been doing that.
It's really an everyone wins scenario! With Valentine's Day coming up we have Valentine's to make and that will be a craftier area to work on our skills.
7. I have written a little about C and his extreme love of animals. He has figurines and could play with those all day! (And he does a lot of the days!) Well my mom made him laminated sheets of animal pictures from my brother's old National Geographic magazines and he loved those. He carries them around the house and won't go to sleep without them.
So my dad got him a subscription to Nat Geo Kids and he's received 2 issues so far. He loves them. First of all, the pictures of the animals are great. But then I read him the blurbs and articles and I love that because I quite frankly stink at reading him non-fiction. Occasionally I'll read an article online but usually it's fiction up in here.
Linking up with Kelly.
Have a successful weekend.