- The Hot Air Balloon Festival. Long story short, Husband's Grandma was staying the week with his cousin while her parents were in Hawaii. But as a 15 year old she wanted to go to the high school football game. We decided to take her and C to the Hot Air Balloon festival. It was kind of a whim. After a later start than planned and a traffic jam to get there, we did finally make it. It was toddler heaven. He watched them all "in the sky" and he even got to touch a basket of a balloon on the ground. Plus, it was free with a non-perishable for the food bank! We went out to eat the four of us afterwards and we were all amazed at how well C did the whole evening.
- Major purging of the garage. Our garage was gross you guys. It had become a dumping grounds of sorts. But we took nap time and now it is a work of art. Organized. Clean. The bulky waste is ready for pick up tomorrow. My nesting heart is happy.
- New throw pillows. Let's just say my throw pillows from grad school are limp, lumpy and gross. They needed to retire YEARS ago. So now we have new ones!
- C was so excited about the Hot Air Balloon Festival that he was up from 2:30-4:30 AM on Saturday. He wasn't crabby at all, just totally ready to greet the day at 2:30. He did wind up sleeping until almost 9:00 so it balanced out, but let's call it a low anyway.
- Indian Summer. I know we've been incredibly lucky but it has been pretty hot these last few days for September and I'd much prefer the fall like weather we were having. (I know that even the low 80s isn't that big of a deal so I blame Baby Girl for keeping my core temp up.)
I hope you all had terrific weekends!