Friday, March 14, 2014

7 Quick Takes: Taking on the Crazy News

Hey-O! It's Friday! Time for the ever popular Quick Takes up in here! (That's totally Halle Berry on SNL but there's no YouTube clip so... just go with it yes?)


So she went home again and the law suit is off. Okay. Great. But here's the deal, nobody in the world owes you anything. At all. That's just life. I can't imagine what was going through her head and I am not her and I have NO idea of her exact situation. But suing your parents for your college savings is crazy. While I don't necessarily agree with suing over her high school tuition because, that can be free, I do understand that leaving home and not thinking it through must have been scary. It's possible her parents could have just foot the bill for the remainder of the school year though because clearly the Catholic education was important to them enough to send her there in the first place. That one I am still iffy on how I feel. But college money? Greedy greedy gumdrops! 


Get real. Food allergies are no joke. I get that. I know they're trying to protect the kids with food allergies. It was a cheese sandwich. And the kid was TWO. And snuck it in. This is not as serious as oh say, the toddler with heroine in his pockets.  It was cheese. And bread. But whatever, they signed the rules. Homeschooling is looking more and more appealing is all I'm sayin'.


Okay, I was born in 1986 and so he is talking directly to me in the video and I STILL think this is hilarious. 

Proof positive he's short though. 1st Degree of Kevin Bacon however! 

4. The Airplane Gone Missing

I don't even have to link to this story, I'm sure you've seen it. Sad. Prayers for all the souls and their family. It's just sad. And makes me terrified of international flights but that's okay because that's not going to happen anytime soon anyway! 


Best thing I've heard all day. I LOVE The Good Wife. I even managed to get my mom hooked which is NOT an easy task mind you. I've been a fan of Josh Charles since Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead. Which is still one of my favorite movies ever. 



6. I'm Getting a Haircut Tomorrow! 

I am embarrassed to admit the last time I got my hair done was... a long long time. I think it was right around last Memorial Day or the first week of June. I'm overdue is what I am saying. I am also holding out a lot of hope about this head massage, hope it doesn't disappoint. 


Duh. This isn't news. This is common sense. 


Have a good weekend and link up with Jen! 




3 comments:

  1. #4 has me really freaked out. I've been following this story all week long and am shocked that a giant plane can just disappear! I feel for the families of all those people on that plane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh Charles, yes! I love him too and that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were born in 1986! That was the year I graduated! You are young and yes I am old!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day! I am so sorry my comments have been making you prove that you're not a robot. I had no idea because I did NOT set that up. Thank you even more for commenting even though it was like that!