Friday, March 7, 2014

Best $5 ever

Not even trying for quick takes today people because I just have to share this with you.

I just spent the best $5 of my life.

I got the original Madeline specials on DVD for $5 on Target.

Of course you may have zero idea of what I am talking about, probably because your name isn't Madeline and you weren't the proud owner of extensive amounts of Madeline merchandise. But I digress.

They are cartoon adaptations of the Madeline books, not that ridiculous television show that used the character, these were truth. (Though, okay, I watched that too.) They were the books come to life. PLUS Christopher Plummer is the narrator, which is wonderful. And again, as a girl named Madeline these versions were absolutely my favorite things ever. I still have ALL my VHS copies.



But alas, no VCR. So this Target find literally made my day!



Of course C would argue the Hotwheels were a better $5 but either way we both left with a fun treat.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhh! I. Love. This.
    You just took me back about 15 years!
    My Madison loved to watch Madeline on TV. Everyday, we would snuggle and watch her,
    Now...she is 17!
    So happy for you!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost bought the $5 DVD. Now I need to go back? I love Madeline!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!