Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wednesday

It's funny, I don't have a whole lot to say but feel the need to post anyhow. It seems almost surreal that Lent is upon us. Don't get me wrong I have always appreciated Lent but somehow even though it's a pretty late one, it still feels like it was just Advent and Christmas. Oh, that's probably because the snow is still deep and cold. Yeah. That's probably it.

I have a couple posts in drafts ready to go but none of them seem right for today. I have decided to unofficially attack clutter this season as well. Not officially the whole 40 bags in 40 days thing. Perhaps I'll get that far anyhow but I am just going for less. Less clutter, less piles, less "quick someone is coming over shove this in a closet."

I have committed to giving up paper plates. And my heart aches about it but it will be a good penance for me where I can grow. It seems so trite and dumb but it also feels right and that I think it a good sign.

This is where I'd have a meme or picture or something but the someecareds just mock Lent and I don't want to do that. And I can't find anything that conveys how I feel about Lent.

I don't know why, but ever since I was confirmed, regardless of my recent attendance at Mass, I haven't missed an Ash Wednesday. It's my favorite. It's a time where we can all say, I can do a little bit better. In whatever it is we need to improve and that is of course different for everyone.

Gah. The song "Ashes" just hits me every year. I love it. I can't wait for tonight. Hopefully the snow will be stopped and plowed by then.


1 comment:

  1. Love this one, my friend...
    Ash Wednesday and Good Friday...
    I just love the stark, quiet, bare feeling...
    And as you put it...a chance to do a little bit better...
    Have a good Ash Wednesday! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day! I am so sorry my comments have been making you prove that you're not a robot. I had no idea because I did NOT set that up. Thank you even more for commenting even though it was like that!