Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Wedding #2 Recap

You know how they say "if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans." That's like a saying right? Well I planned Saturday perfectly. And nothing until about 5:30 went according to plan. 

Husband's family is the anti-plan. No, really. I think if they planned something spontaneous human combustion would occur. Everything is vague. On time is also vague. So it should not be shocking to me that things did not go according to plan. Flexibility is the key to happiness with these people but usually some part of my plan works. The only thing you need to know is that Husband didn't pack C's sound machine. (In fairness I thought "his bed stuff" included the noise machine.) And he can't sleep without it. This means he rested but did not sleep. 

But I am not going to focus on the negativity here on the ye olde blog so let's just skip ahead to the wedding reception since that's where we come in. 

We had such a good time. For not taking a true nap C was great! We ate dinner. Took a few laps around the room to use some energy. Watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the Kindle during the toasts/clear some tables to create a dance floor/first few dances. Then he danced the night away. 

I made my boys go all matchy and mini-me. Also not according to plan was leaving my phone in the car. Which was parked in a field. And the pouring rain made it irretrievable. So I was stuck with Husband's phone. Which is a totally sweet 4+ years old flip phone. It takes really good pictures. Especially in dark rooms. *Sarcasm people. Sarcasm.* But they did look REALLY cute. And everyone kept complimenting them. So... we'll count it as winning! 


If you squint you can pretend it's a cool filter and not the result of a crappy flip phone camera. 
We danced. We danced hard. While they had possibly the weirdest DJ I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. He started the night with 2 slow songs never to play any again for the next hour and a half. Played Styx "Come Sail Away" which I love but is not really a song you can dance to as much as sway and sing dramatically to. He wasn't a bad DJ just weird. Oh except screwing up the genders of the bride and groom and calling them Mr. and Mr. I know we're in Iowa but really... and he said Erin wants to dance with his mom/Jesse with her dad and well it's a female Erin and male Jesse so other way around then. 

But in spite of weird DJ we still had room for some Cupid Shuffle and YMCA and other amazing options. From the first song we were all allowed to dance to until 9:30 we danced. And ran in circles. We took turns being in control of the toddler. But he likes the fun lights so that was a good solid distraction as well. 

And I survived the day that did not go according to plan. I felt no sadness while departing the next morning however.




1 comment:

  1. Glad you had fun even though it didn't go according to plan. And they do look cute, even with the vintage filter! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!