Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Communion of Saints. Or a new baby. Same thing really.

On this the feast day of St. Pope John Paul II, who by the way is my favorite Saint and clearly was just the best Pope ever... I will be unable to eat pierogi and other delicious Polish foods because I am in the hospital with this little nugget:


Introducing Meredith Sophia, my little Feast Day friend. She is 8lbs, 9 oz and 20 inches long. 

She was born at 2:12 this morning and we are all doing great. THANK you for your prayers. 

I will write up her complete birth story when I have the chance but it was fast and wonderful and I am truly amazed at what the female body can do. 

God Bless St. Pope John Paul II. I am so thankful for his intercession in Meredith's birth. Again, it will be part of the birth story but when Bonnie posted her plans for today last Thursday I just knew somehow that it was destined to be her birthday. 

Thank you for your prayers, I truly felt them all and I feel so blessed to have my healthy daughter with me. (Though currently she is off getting her hearing checked with her daddy.)  

9 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! She's beautiful! So glad you are all doing well and that the birth was fast and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, welcome to the world Baby Meredith!!!!!!!! She is precious!!!!!!!!! So glad you two are both doing well, such exciting news!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Madeline, she is so precious! No joke, I was up feeding Katharine around 1am this morning and was thinking about you and praying for your little one. I kept thinking "oh God, wouldn't today be a great day for her to be born and I asked JPII to intercede for you!" I love, love, LOVE Saint connections. And yes, I know I picked 10/15 as a great feast day because of St. Teresa of Avila, but honestly, this one is AMAZING and it is his first official feast day after being canonized. Way to go Meredith! (Oh and I love the name!)

    Oh and Meredith's first BFF says "hi"…or actually she says "gurgle, gurgle", but I interpreted that to be hi. :) I am looking forward to reading her birth story! Take care and I hope your recovery goes well. Lots of love to your precious family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! So glad she decided it was time to come out and meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Congrats Madeline and welcome to the world, Meredith! Truly a most wonderful feast day to be born on. Enjoy your new sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!!!
    So happy for your family's new blessing.
    Enjoy this wonderful time. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! She's a beautiful baby, with a beautiful name!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And by the way, she has the same birthday as our oldest son! :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!