Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

The Not So Good Wife

I didn't watch The Good Wife this week.

Looking at those words are weird for me. But they're true. I didn't watch The Good Wife yesterday. And not because I couldn't have. In actuality, the upside to phasing out nap is that C goes to bed EASILY and M has made huge strides in the sleeping in her crib thing. As in, she's usually good at it at least for a few hours.

I didn't watch The Good Wife yesterday because... I didn't want to.

Sigh.

I used to love this show. I came to the show late. I binge watched Season 1-4 on Amazon Prime in the summer of '13. I watched Season 5 as it aired. I watched all of Season 6 up until last night.

I just don't care anymore. This season has lost so much of the good. All the things I liked about the show have just been lost. There was a brief shining moment two weeks ago where Judge Abernathy and Nancy Crozier were there and all was right with the world. But... it's just not appealing to me.

Now, I admit, much like Bones I will probably still watch on Netflix/Prime/etc when the rest of the season is available. I will. But I'm not going to stress about getting to the living room by 8:00 on Sundays.

It's a different season of life folks. I had already given up all the Thursday shows until they're available later. Which means, we don't have a show we watch anymore. Even The Amazing Race has been super lack luster this season. Interesting concept (dating couples and 4 blind dates) but boring in actuality.

I know this is a very different post than the typical "it's Holy week" fare but it's my party and all that.

2 comments:

  1. I totally get it, Madeline. I have several shows that have fallen by the wayside. Shows that hubby and I both once agreed upon, but then they changed or we did. Either the morals of the shows, rules of the reality show or the types of people they were now casting, just didn't hit it off with us I've found that another huge difference (besides missing family time by watching some of those shows) is that I have older and more aware kids. And there again, if they shouldn't see it/hear it, I probably shouldn't either. I get it. I really do.

    Blessings on your Holy Week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever see ABC's "Once Upon A Time"? I wrote you a 4-paragraph post about how good it is (sticks w/ the fairy tale ethos, has TONS of the Gospel in it, allegorically), and the cyberminions ate my post. So - here's a shorter post, exuberantly recommending OUAT :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!