Friday, February 4, 2022

Fun Friday

Today, on this first Friday of the month I am back to work! It kind of feels like starting over new. I imagine it's like riding a bike right? 

To wrap up Catholic schools week, they're having Red, White and Blue day for the Olympics! We love the Olympics as you probably know. But it's ALSO 100s day in first grade so M is dressed up like a 100 year old today. 

We decided the floral dress and sweater "grandma" look isn't relevant to today's senior citizens and we went with a more updated Active Granny look. 


Please note the tissue in her sleeve (I safety pinned it in place.) She is also holding a Werther's Original. You can't really tell that I sprayed her hair grey and it's in a nice low bun. But it is. I personally think the applique sweatshirt is hilarious and exactly what the hip senior citizens wear I might add. 

Remember when C was in first grade? 


Yes, they are using the same "Life Alert" because siblings. 

Yesterday was mismatch day. M had it down to a science. 


They've had a good week! C was in the spelling bee yesterday. 


He made it to the 4th round and got out with the word "irregular." He was disappointed because he wanted to win but I was very proud of him. Since it was mismatched day it cracks me up that the pictures are all of kids not looking their best exactly. I imagine someone needed to explain that to any guests viewing the bee. 

Lastly, my friend sent me this while I was in isolation. 


I personally got both! So did she, which is why she sent it! 

Today is also Husband and I's 16th dating anniversary! I am so lucky he's loved me for so long and loving me so well. He is such a good man and kept the house running while I couldn't this last week. I am so thankful for him and his service to me and our family. 

Happy Friday!!





4 comments:

  1. The sweatshirt with the aplique on it is such a grandmother thing. It definitely makes me think about mine. In the late 90s she went wild with sweatshirts, and iron on designs. Oh the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madeline, my sister’s son Hunter Church is the #1 pilot for the 2-man and 4-man USA bobsled team. If you love watching the Olympics, I’m sure you’ll see him. He’s a handsome, articulate young man of 25, and he’s been working toward this goal since he fell in love with the sport at the age of 7. Go #teamchurch!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!