Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Paint Party

 So in the past few years I have gone to a few fundraising paint parties. And every time I come home with a canvas (on which is typically a not-so-masterful-masterpiece) my kids talk about how much fun it would be. 

Then I saw a sign up for a kid paint party through city recreation. As it turns out we still have credits with them from 2020 swim lessons so signing both kids up was free*. I say free* since the money was spent 2 full years ago obviously, so it felt as though we were paying nothing. 

Saturday was the big day. It was held in a restaurant and parents were invited to stay and enjoy the menu/watch or leave. We stayed. 

Other than the fact that I really judged a mom who moved a chair to sit exactly next to her kid right in front of my kids, I thought everything was well done. 


Please note: Mom in teal, while ridiculous as well, is not the mom I thought was overly helicoptery. 


That prize goes to Mom in gray right next to C's shoulder. Honestly, when she placed a chair there I thought perhaps her daughter was hard of hearing and needed her mom's help to interpret the instructions. Nope. Just overly cautious and particular. 


Obviously Husband and I were there and we watched, but we gave thumbs up from across the room and didn't run right over when say M got paint on her arm. It's funny because I would call myself a little bit of a helicopter mom when it really comes down to it, but I looked calm and collected at this event!




I was glad to give them the chance to paint. They liked it so well they'd like to do it again! 


4 comments:

  1. They did a great job! What a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!!! Those are amazing!!!! And Mrs. Grey Sweater Mom, Step away from your child, please. Roots and Wings! Roots and Wings!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iron - Stainless Steel Bar | TITanium-Arts.com
    Iron cobalt vs titanium drill bits - Stainless Steel suunto 9 baro titanium Bar | TITanium-Arts.com. Iron - Stainless ford escape titanium for sale Steel Bar | TITanium-Arts.com. Iron - Stainless Steel Bar - TITanium-Arts.com. Iron apple watch titanium vs aluminum - Stainless titanium bike Steel Bar - TITanium-Arts.com $7.99 · ‎In stock

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!