Yesterday was a big day because C turned 10! Should we recap the day? Too bad, I am going to anyway. Please note the many wardrobe changes throughout the day.
He woke up and discovered the surprise theme Husband and I decided on was Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
He got to open his present from M first thing. (Because they have no patience and a present before school is always fun!)
Today was supposed to be a reward day at school with fun activities and bounce houses and things. I told them in January that it was going to rain that day, because it always rains on his birthday. Always.
Sure enough, there was a pretty decent thunderstorm in the afternoon. We expected it though. And C had a great day at school.
I picked him up from school, a treat because typically Thursdays the kids go to aftercare. We went and picked up his cake, an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. Then we actually went home and got ready for our super early dinner at Red Robin.
C enjoyed his birthday cheeseburger. Then we went home for the party portion of the night. But first: the last present arrived and it was on theme so he had to change again!
(Fun fact about buying Thanksgiving's Day Parade merchandise in May, it's all on sale! Also, Macy's said YL was out of stock so I got a YM since C is so skinny he can wear that just fine, I just like the length of the YL better. But then they sent a YL! So that worked out!)
I set up a teams meeting for my family and we all had a good time watching him open presents and blow out his candles.
Then he just played and read his new books until bedtime. It was a fantastic day celebrating my C.








A parade themed party! I love it! You guys are so creative!
ReplyDeleteLove the theme, how perfect! 😊
ReplyDelete