Tuesday, May 30, 2023

A Long Birthday Weekend!

So way way back 11 years ago when C was born, he decided to appear on the Friday of Memorial Day Weekend. So this weekend was a throwback in many ways. I liked it. 


His birthday banner is themed appropriately for our portion of the fun. We picked up the kids early from school. It was Day of Awesome so they weren't actually learning anything anyway. 



We got on the road and headed to MN! When we got there, there was a Harry Potter party waiting. Because 11 is the Harry Potter birthday after all. 



It was a fantastic themed party! And C was given some lovely gifts he was very excited about. Saturday we took it easy and celebrated my brother's birthday. We also celebrated Pentecost because we had Sunday plans. 



A day at Nickelodeon Universe and the Mall! We are the worst at visiting my family and never actually experiencing the fun. So this was C's big birthday gift from us! 








Lunch was at Rainforest Cafe. Also C's request! They see it at Disney World and I always ask, "why come all the way to Florida for a place we can go at home?" C reminded me this past trip that he doesn't actually live near a Rainforest Cafe so I decided to make all his dining dreams come true. It was not the best part of the day. Our table wasn't great and our waiter was even worse. (And the waiter at the table next to us would not stop talking. It was dramatic overkill.)  


But the birthday boy liked it and was happy to have the experience so I am happy too! 

This gal is basically a teenager. She wanted a fanny pack belt bag (epic rebranding there world) so so so so bad. She got herself a Lululemon one, filled it with hand sanitizer from Bath and Body Works where she also got some "Fine Fragrance Mist" and then walked around like she owned the place. 



Throw in a Jamba Juice and I could have cried at how grown she seemed. Stay little M! 

Yesterday was my Dad's birthday. (Yes, our fam has 3 Memorial Day Weekend birthdays.) So we celebrated with him with a French Toast bake before hitting the road for home. 


I did stop and get an iced Campfire Mocha from Caribou because that's how I roll in MN. 


And that was our Long Birthday Weekend in a nutshell. We had a great time and are ready to tackle the last bit of school here. 









3 comments:

  1. Happy Harry Potter Birthday to your little guy!!!! What a wonderful celebration for him!!! I love me some Harry Potter!!! So happy you had a wonderful weekend, and your girl is Madison all over!!!! Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great weekend! Happy Birthday C! And I love M's shirt and her taste in fashion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great birthday weekend!! And at least M was drinking a Starbucks! :) They grow up so fast....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!