The other day, we went to Crumble Cookies. There were many great flavors to try. My mom had tipped us off to it so we opted to get 4 cookies. I also splurged and got the official cookie cutter because I love a gimmick!
We each got a fourth of the kinds of cookies. Which was a fun taste test adventure.
I did not like the Lemon Poppyseed Cookie. I want my cookies to taste like a cookie, not a muffin. I didn't even take more than a bite. The Chocolate Crumb Cake cookie was just only okay. The Chocolate Raspberry Truffle and Caramel Shortbread cookie were delicious and I wish I had gotten more of them! But, it was a fun family activity.
Yesterday was the Feast of St. Ambrose. That's where Husband and I went to college so it's a fun feast day for us to celebrate.
We got this honeycomb cake pan a few years ago, for the feast day. I mentioned at our staff meeting yesterday that I was going to make a honey cake to celebrate the day. So our Deacon mentioned it to C during his class visit and C had NO clue what he was talking about.
Well, the adults liked it anyhow. Living liturgically even if the kids don't care. I also wore my Ambrose Sweatpants. So covering all my bases.
This morning on our drive to school M was remarking about the sky. We are having a two-day reprive of winter with beautiful sunny days and temps about 50 degrees. (I love it. I am here for it.) The sky was blue, the sun was shining... gray and cold no more! Hallelujah!
M couldn't get over all the contrails and how perfect they were.
I was focusing on driving and couldn't really take them in, but once we made it to school I looked up and you know... they really are cool. And that one smaller one was being made while we stood there. I am not a chemtrail conspiracy girl... just someone appreciating when her kid notices the small things.
And because December is just littered with great feasts and holy days, I am leaving you with this:
It brings me hope when my heart despairs. I do not begin to understand God's plan, and sometimes it all just seems so broken and unfair. But the promise is true and nothing is impossible for God. (Doesn't mean it's all going to magically work out the way we think/want/decide. But nothing is impossible.)
Have a good weekend!







Beautiful and true, my dear friend. So glad you were able to celebrate your special feast day. We are looking forward to St. Lucia Day next week. She is a favorite saint of Flynn's and very special to Madison and Nicolas as it is celebrated beautifully in Denmark. Have a cozy weekend!
ReplyDeleteI don't care what you kids say, that cake looks delicious!!!! And that Bible verse always brings me peace.
ReplyDelete