Thursday, March 28, 2024

Things With My Girl

Lest you think I spend all my time with C, worry not. I am the champion of going with M to piano lessons. 

I promise she plays the piano too but they were learning about the staff: which she has officially moved on to. Don't get me wrong. She's like 8 lessons in so she's not good or anything. But she does more than stand and lean on the bench during lessons I promise. 



We've also had plenty of work on spelling this week. The is a 30% chance she spells crucify right today. For whatever reason that one is difficult. She's not the best speller. 

She also wore a school sweatshirt today because it says Apostle on it. It's like an insurance policy. I can't even be mad because that's just resourceful. 

Like every girl in Iowa it seems, M wanted a Caitlin Clark shirt SO bad. And honestly, her reasoning was pretty solid. "If they make it to the finals, we will have an out-of-uniform day and I won't have anything to wear!" 

So I ordered her one. Because I am a pushover. And much like Stanley water bottles and all the things, truly so many girls have this exact shirt. 



The reviews said it ran small so I sized up to be safe. M was unimpressed. "It's a dress!" So she was introduced to the hair tie side knot and she'll grow. 

In fairness to M as well, 22 is also her birthday and lucky number so I do think she'll wear the shirt. And next year for the Iowa/Iowa State game she's all set as well. 


I still hate basketball though. Worst sport ever. 

With that, we will see you on the other side of Easter my friends! Have a beautiful Triduum! 

2 comments:

  1. I love that she wore a shirt with "Apostle" on it. Made me laugh. I also was a poor speller. You do what you have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basketball is not my favorite either but I love her shirt and I love the hack you taught her!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!