Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Theme Thursday: Sky and Other Things That Are Going On


My house is a MESS. I need to clean it this morning. But it's so beautiful out that I am having a hard time convincing myself of the fact. I mean, how can I possibly be expected to handle high school cleaning on a day like this:


I stuck my phone out the door of my screen porch.


Alas, it is overdue. I try to clean a little every day so it never gets out of hand. But I didn't get to yesterday. So now it's out of hand. Yesterday C was not himself. Cranky before his nap. That happens though. Then he proceeded to scream on and off the rest of the afternoon. This has never happened. The only thing making him even remotely happy was being snuggled. So while I was perfectly contented to let the house go ala this:


I was still worried. At 4:10 I called Husband home. Not too early but I needed him to see for himself that this was not normal. At 4:15 I called the doctor. Then we took him to convenient care. Poor baby has an ear infection. One ear full blown, one ear almost there. I suppose I should be thankful that it took him until the last 2 days of 10 months before he got go-to-the-doctor's sick but it still broke my heart. 

So I need to get cleaning while he's cheerful. We also discovered he has a love for country music. I have all of 11 songs on my iPod--not really our genre of choice but something about the beat and the twang makes him bop to the beat with a big smile. So it's cleaning to country music morning over here. After this discovery was made I downloaded a few more songs. Now I am in 1992 and rockin' to Achy Breaky Heart. Oh yes I am. 

Link up your sky to Clan Donaldson and thanks Cari for hosting! I bet you have sky to take a picture of! Also a pretty awesome excuse to put Channing Tatum's picture on your blog since he is in talks with Fox to be in a Guys and Dolls movie opposite Joesph Gordon Levitt. And let's be honest, he'll probably be Sky Masterson. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Hope he feels better! That first trip to the doc is always heartbreaking. There will be many more, they will not be heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor baby and mommy. Hope he feels better ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ear infections are no fun! Poor guy. Hope he's feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw ear infections are the worst :( After the first couple, we started using garlic oil to fend them off when they started coming on - works like a charm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!