Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Quick Takes.

Holy Link Up Batman! I am just a link up queen this week. Pretty much this blog. I really need to write a blog post. Maybe I'll schedule a whole bunch this weekend.

1. Today is already one of those days where I'm counting down until nap time. Everything is a crisis today apparently. I missed that memo but my resident one year old is letting me know that I am wrong.

2. If I could ask St. Anthony to intercede for me in the help of finding my mascara, glasses and remote. They have each been missing for a while. I realize they are just not that important of items but given the fact that last night Husband and I spent HOURS. Literally from the time C went to bed at 8:00 until about 12:30 going through our cars, every drawer, cupboard and closet in the house. We made a huge mess and you'd think we'd stumble on one of the three even accidentally. But no.

3. If it doesn't rain, tomorrow is The Color Run. I can't decide if I am hoping for rain or not. That's horrible but true. I think it'd be fun and I'd enjoy the time spent with Husband getting colored. I would also like to just not do the 5K (jogging slowly) and avoid the crowd. It's going to be a mess.

4. With all the storms we are on basement flood #4 of the year. But better rainwater than the raw sewage some people are getting. We have still decided to not do anything yet. All of out possessions are out of harm and even though this is starting to feel normal the weather is quite unusual.

5. We were supposed to have family pictures taken today. But see number 3 and 4. The weather is terrible. Even if it doesn't rain this afternoon (it's supposed to) the ground is too saturated to lay/sit/walk on it. I've spent hours reading through tips for family photos and coordinated (not matching) outfits. We are ready when Mother Nature cooperates.

6. I made a menu plan that included  breakfast and lunch! No more wandering aimlessly through the kitchen wondering what veggies he had last and just putting something on his tray! It's actually sad how long it took me to do this. But already today it was helpful.

7. Well I was on a roll but now I've got nothing. Happy Friday! Thanks Jen for hosting!


1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to do a color run. I'll be anxious to see pictures if you are able to go (which I hope you are). Boo for basement flooding! 4 times?!? Wow. At least none of your possessions have been damaged. We had to reschedule family pictures/R's 1 year shots, but I am so glad we did rather than trying to force them in during bad weather. It proved to be so much fun to have them taken. I know the same will be true for you when the weather does cooperate. I'm sure C will eat up the attention!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!