That's right. The theme is black and white. Or white and black. Or whatever. Do you have a pet zebra? You're in! Or just a black and white filter on your phone? That works too. And is probably way more legal than a pet zebra. I just googled pet zebras... technically not completely illegal but a lot of work nevertheless.
So moving on to my black and white.
This is my grandma's cake stand. I just got it. I love it. It's classic but fun. I adore that if anyone comments on it when I use it I can say "Thanks it was my grandmother's." Things like this make me want a daughter to pass things down to. I can't believe this almost slid through the cracks of the house cleaning out/selling mess. It is a treasure and bonus... my treasure.
This is my pineapple cookie jar. I bought a matching set at the church garage sale in 2008 on dollar bag day. My brother has the other one. It's quirky because it actually doesn't match a darn thing but somehow works. I love it.
This is basically a late five favorites post... oh I am two short. Blogging and Cari setting up a fundraiser for Dwija. Those are my other two!
Once upon a time in grad school I was having a debate with my friend about Chelsea Clinton's nose job which led me to Beth. And after I had read her entire blog I clicked over to Colleen who led me to Cari and Dwija and Hallie. Small little world this blog world. Help a Dwija out with her laundry room! And link up your 5 Favorites if you haven't already with Hallie and your black and white with Cari.



That cake stand is gorgeous! I love the angle and the detail. And now I have to find Trixie Belden books for my daughters!
ReplyDeleteOooo Trixie Beldon. I used to read her...haven't heard of her in awhile. I bet my girls would like her too!
ReplyDeleteOk, I'm starting to get a Twilight Zone feeling. 1. We look the same. 2. We both love grandma's cake stands 3. We both pause while writing posts to Google things like "Is it legal to own a zebra?" 4. We have fruit-shaped vessels in the house 5. Love of Trixie Belden 5. Amazed at the size of the blogging world.
ReplyDeleteAre you me? Is it possible that one of us is writing from an alternate universe and are somehow reaching across a wormhole in time and space via the internet?
Man, I need coffee.
It does get to be a small world! I met Cari through Colleen and so glad I did..because this link up is the best.
ReplyDeleteNever heard of Trixie B. will check her out!
Trixie is great. They just started reintroducing her in fact. Which is great because it's a group of teens who gasp volunteer and solve mysteries. And I don't think they even so much as kissed another teen much less became a vampire.
DeleteI love this bloggy community too! That cake stand is so pretty - if only I could make a cake pretty enough to put on there!
ReplyDeleteI would also absolutely love to say, "Thanks it was my grandma's." What a cozy feeling, that. Excellent shots, and Trixie Beldon, she is somewhere way in the back of my memory.
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing better than a family heirloom, and that vintage cake stand is awesome. I also love that you tracked down all the titles in your favorite childhood book series. I never read Trixie Beldon (perhaps she came along after I was too old for her? I'm a lot older than most of you gals), but if she is wholesome, isn't a wizard, and doesn't fall in love with a vampire, then it sounds like she should be required reading for today's young girls!
ReplyDeleteThe fruit cookie jar I love. I guess it is the "lets put something unhealthy into something that looks healthy so we feel better about eating unhealthy" conundrum that gets me. I hope that made sense. lol
ReplyDeleteThat last picture whispers- like being in your favorite spot at the library.
ReplyDeleteLove the b&w! I have an angel food cake pan and some tart pans that were my great-grandmother's. I don't use them often, but I love to be able to say that the treats I'm sharing were baked in pans passed down to me! I haven't read Trixie B in years...my mom had a bunch. I may have to track those down again. Thanks for the idea! :-D
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of the cake stand - the lines are so perfect for B&W!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos! It is so fun to inherit things like that isn't it??
ReplyDeleteThe book shot is my favorite! There's just something about a stack of books!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite is the shot of the books, although I have never heard of them. I'll check them out for my daughter. (When I read your comment about kissing and the vampire I literally LOL.)
ReplyDeleteI love this small blogging community and have met some amazing bloggers through these link ups! I think my hubby finally figured out which of the names I mention are RT friends and which are my onscreen friends. ;-)
Oh, I LOVED reading Trixie Belden books!!! I have 2 copies myself and the rest I checked out from the library. I absolutely loved her stories. Wasn't it Jim that she liked? Something like that. It was my first "romance" novel where I wanted their characters to get together so bad ... I believed they were real people living out in New York state! LOL. :) Ahhh, that brings back memories.
ReplyDeleteI love your Grandma's cake plate! What a treasure!