So hold on to your hats for a brain dump post where I recap all the good stuff of August and the first 10 days of September. So I last left off at C’s first haircut. That was pretty
great. Okay technically I left off at our 3 year anniversary. We went out to
dinner just the two of us. That was snazzy, except Husband dropped his ring and
it got so far under the booth our waitress had to come lay down and get it for
us. His ring is too big. I bought him a new one this spring after he lost a bunch
a weight but it looks like we’ll be getting another one. (Titanium can’t be
sized.)
Of all the gin joints… Hanson was going to be at the Minnesota
State Fair. Twice. For Free. Let me repeat. Hanson. I know I’ve written about
it before but I love them. They sing my favorite song. And I was going. (They
were a contributing factor to going to Minnesota.) Okay so it wasn’t completely
free, you had to pay for Fair admission. But $8 with an advanced ticket and the
$5 bus ride (WAY cheaper and easier than parking) and that was the cost of the
Hanson concert. It was so much fun. It was like 1997 all over again. As I am
certain you can imaging most of the people in the bandshell area were about my
age and female. Hanson was amazing and even though I didn’t get any MMMHops it
was a great night. They have their own craft beer and it’s called MMMHops. It
just doesn’t get any better. Except they sang my favorite song so it actually
does.
As far as the rest of September at home is concerned mostly we are
just doing our normal things. C really enjoys cooking. He stands on his stool
and “helps.” (Mostly just watches up close.) Lately he’s made bread, cookies,
mac and cheese, cake and meatballs. In fact right this second I have banana
bread to take out of the oven so I will go do that. This is basically what we’ve
been up to lately.
At home in August was filled with much playing and learning. Somewhere between July 26 and August 26 C exploded with the verbal
and the listening and just all around grew up. He’s so big now. It was
overnight, now nothing on the edge of the counters are safe! He's such a good
little dude. And for what we lack in communication (because gosh while I'd love
to understand all of his words they're still mostly gobbledygook to me) he more
than makes up for in listening. He is a great listener. He follows instructions
really well. I'm impressed. But I'm the momma so my standards are pretty low.
C and I spent a glorious 10 days in Minnesota to round up August. My
broseph went to college! Which makes me old and sad. He is going to a great
Catholic all boys school and there is a Priest on every floor of the dorms. And
a Monastery right in the middle of campus. But while I am sure he’s having a
great time at school my mom is an empty nester for the first time and since it
was her birthday we went up to keep her company. Nothing like a running one
year old to keep you occupied!
My good friend is having a baby on Friday! And her baby shower was
while we in town too so that was a bonus. Living out of state just far enough
that I don’t get to go to everything I missed her wedding shower and
bachelorette party so I was happy to be there. We also got to go visit my Grandpa at his new digs in a senior living complex. It's like college basically. They all live on their own but there's activities and a dining hall where they do your dishes. I can't wait to move in!
C and I kept busy during the day while my parents worked. We went
a big indoor playground with tunnels and things. C LOVED climbing and giggled
his way down every single slide. He had a blast. I had fun too—it was definitely
a workout. We also went to the zoo and it was perfect. We did most everything.
We skipped the farm because my BIL has a farm and even though it’s not
zoo-ified and cleanish C will have lots of access as he grows to actually experience
farm life if he’d like.
![]() |
| It was hot that day so the bears were swimming. Brown Bear is one of C's favorite books so we spent a long time waving to the bears. |
I also had an eye appointment. Yeah I know. How exciting. But it
was. I was more than a little overdue for one and I need new contacts. As in
the ones on my eye balls when I walked in were the last ones I had. At all. But
I solved that problem, had the eye exam, ordered contacts and bonus--finally I'm
got my free Firmoo glasses.
Then both of my brothers were home for Labor Day, which doesn’t
happen all that often anymore. And it was my birthday! I went to the Mall of
America and to Ikea. Which was fun. I didn’t get anything but it was fun to
walk around. And Husband and I went back to the State Fair because I love it. It
was glorious.
![]() |
| Monkeys are the very best. I know you know that. We put a diaper on our Monkey friend. |



What a great catch up! I hear ya on blogging and then meaning to come back to write about so many things. Sometimes I just skip it after I realize that my stuff isn't that exciting. lol.
ReplyDeleteYours was great though, mostly because it had a lot about my state and you caught a lot of fun while you were here visiting. The State Fair, haven't been for years but I think my big kids would really enjoy it. Maybe next year.
And Hanson, what a hoot! They could totally take on those Jonas boys any day.