Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Getting Ready to Host Book Club

Tonight is Book Club!

I am pretty darn excited to be hosting this month, especially because it is the last one of 2013.

The book we I picked was Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford. You can read my thoughts on it here. I have a list of discussion points all ready to go, if people have actually read the book. You can never tell with these gals. Obviously part of the fun is snacking and chatting but I do hope I was able to pick a discussion worthy book.

But the snacks are important too. Yes. Yes they are. I am having a buffet of Chex Mixes!! Last night we made three out of the five mixes.

We are having The Original and Delicious Party Mix. (Without the nuts partly because I forgot to buy them and partly because I don't really like nuts. Okay, I forgot to buy them and decided I didn't care because I don't like them.)

Rounding up the salty snack side we also have Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix. Featuring Pretzel, Baby and Parmesan Goldfish. It looks very fun with the little fishies swimming in a sea of squares.

There is no other word to describe Funfetti Puppy Chow other than tasty. It's funfetti. It's puppy chow. It's tasty. Make this for your next event. Sprinkles go with anything.

Still on the docket we are set to make the Classic Puppy Chow. They can call it Muddy Buddies all they want. But you know, and I know that it is Puppy Chow. I'd ask who doesn't love peanut butter and chocolate together but I was just recently informed of one such person. Doesn't matter. More for me. (And the book club guests.)

Red Velvet Chex Party Mix is a new one to me, but one I am really looking forward to. It is a slightly different process to make than the other three but I imagine it is going to be good. I hope it makes me want to cut into an armadillo. Because if it does... so much easier than creating an armadillo let's be honest.

Tomorrow I'll give each version of Chex Mix a grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!