It seems like yesterday. It also seems like forever ago.
It's amazing how time marches on yet specific events and catalysts ground you into thinking it has stopped. I know in many ways life has most definitely moved on. Everything, and I really do mean everything has changed.
And today marks four years since my MIL passed away.
Four years. Years full of memories and life. It really is weird. I know that is such an un-eloquent way of explaining my feelings, but somehow that's what I can come up with.
No one expects to get a call that their boyfriend's mom has brain cancer.
And even though I was expecting the call that my fiance's mom had passed away it didn't make it any easier.
Death is not an easy thing.
Visitations and funerals are pretty much the bane of my existence.
And now here we are, four years later. It seems weird marking this day. Not one to celebrate certainly. But it also seems cold to not acknowledge the significance.
It seems like yesterday. It also seems like forever ago.
Prayers for peace and comfort as you family marks another year without your mother-in-law,
ReplyDelete