Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What I've Been Up to Wednesday

I wish this was a What We're Reading Wednesday post but alas I sadly have not read anything new lately. I re-read Divergent over the weekend because the movie is coming out and I am glutton for punishment. I mean, why wouldn't I want to have to book fresh in my mind when I get to the theater to see how they've massacred the story? I haven't even read our book club book yet. And it's on Tuesday at my house so I had better get on that!

Our St. Patrick's Day was pretty uneventful.

We wore green and had Lucky Charms for breakfast. As that was the extent of our festivities. It is possible that if you were a fly on my wall this morning you might mistake today as St. Patrick's Day based on my breakfast choice. Healthy healthy over this way.

We are not Irish. Not that I have anything at all against the Irish, just we aren't. And I didn't even like Irish food when I was in Ireland, so I certainly don't bother with it for St. Patrick's Day. (Though I do have a delicious soda bread recipe and I will probably make that soonish.) Ah well.

Today is the feast of St. Joseph and I feel like I am going to do something fun to mark that... stay tuned though because I am currently idea-less. It is a gloomy gloomy nap/movie/read a book day but try explaining that to a toddler. They are just not content with snuggling and doing nothing.

In the toddler world the highlight is his new table. We put his fort away (giant play area/pen) and now my dining room looks HUGE. We bought a heavy duty preschool table and chairs from School Outfitters. I just didn't love all the wobbly cheapy kid furniture sets and I wanted one that would last. The table is a fun time and it's great to have a space for him to color/play/learn/hide under all that good stuff. It has 4 chairs: blue, red, green and yellow so that has been great for color learning too.

We are anxious for Spring over here. I am not holding out much hope that magically tomorrow it becomes gorgeous from here on out but since it is the first day of Spring it looks like we'll get at least a 2 day reprieve before it plummets back to the 30s.

We did start our gardening in one of those pre-packaged greenhouse/dirt clump things. 2 kinds of tomatoes and sweet peppers. The tomatoes are growing nicely and we're just seeing the peppers come out. That has been fun to observe with C. I have the brownest thumb ever so it's really Husband who is maintaining this and will lead the charge. It is a nice baby step into gardening for me. My dad is good with pants and gardening but I missed that gene. Husband even had an FFA award in vegetable production or something. (I am hazy on the details really.) Still nice to feel like it's Springy and smell the damp soil daily.

I should take some pictures or something to liven this up but... nope. I hope all of you are well. I am going to go do some fun toddler activities for the rest of the morning. Woo!



3 comments:

  1. You HAVE to have Lucky Charms for breakfast on St. Patrick's Day. It's a rule. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, that sounds like our kind of day over here. Yesterday AM it was all of the sudden, oh shoot it's St. Joseph's feast day!!?? Thankfully, I have the two big kids who can whip up a nice card for daddy and come up with four quick lines and call it a poem. That was the extent of it. And spring, well, it just better come. It's got a lot of people's sanity hinging on it.
    Happy First Day of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is in charge of all the gardening as well because if left up to me everything would wither up and die!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!