Friday, April 11, 2014

My Best 7 Quick Takes Ever

Woah. Lot's to live up to here. But I'm feeling pretty confident! Let's take a look at my week in review okay?

1. Our Chest Freezer Died. 
I'm sad. I am glad that I noticed when stuff was still partially frozen. We managed to save a lot. It's still a bummer. But we have a coupon actually for appliance repair and it's only about 2 years old so hopefully it will be an easy and cheap fix! 

2. C has been sick. 
Totally awful. And gross. Let's just say that I have Lysol-ed a lot this week. And I mopped the kitchen floor. Not because of his sickness, but because it was dirty and I needed something to be clean and healthy. So the kitchen floor won. We have a doctor's appointment today. I hope he's on the mend!

3. Husband was on a work retreat Tuesday-Thursday. 
God Bless all the single parents out there. Nothing makes me happier than Husband walking through the door. Apparently it was pretty okay and we are happy to have him home!! 

As I write this, there's no update on Rebecca's surgery yet but let's assume Beth's family needs continued prayers throughout the weekend. We want Beth to be released from her hospital so she can go be with Rebecca at hers! 

5. My New Found Love
Of cheesy Hallmark/ABC Family original movies. I keep Netflixing them. They're so brainless and enjoyable. You can watch, or not watch and you still get that warm and gooey feeling inside!

6. Palm Sunday is THIS Sunday.
Hello Holy Week! We've been waiting for you! 
(And not just because I am anxious to get back to my paper plates.)

7. This. 


We're thrilled. 
And thankful. 

And with that I am linking up with Jen for Quick Takes and Jamie for Thankfuls. 
Have a wonderful weekend! 

11 comments:

  1. What a list!! And, to finish off with an announcement...YAY!! The perfect way to start my Friday. I'll be adding you and baby to my prayer list. Of course, we'll be expecting lots of belly shots and pregnancy related posts :) Congrats Madeline!

    Btw, very clever and cute announcement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo!! That IS the best ever list!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you! I hope you are feeling OK...

    OH, and that link for Beth and her family...I'm in tears....in my prayers. SO hard being where your baby is NOT.

    Thanks so much for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah, and I love cheesy Hallmark shows too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!!!!!!
    So excited for you!
    Agree with our friend Sarah...very clever announcement! : )
    I know I loved all your other quick takes too...
    But right now that last one takes the cake.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What a Magical announcement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so, so, so excited for you guys!!!! (And have been on pins and needles waiting for the announcement, but even knowing ahead of time, #7 did catch me off guard.) I actually thought you were trying to say you were excited for a new Disney cartoon to start and I was like "okay, I guess that is something to be excited about. I mean, maybe it is about the Pigeon or something connected to Mo Willems - because I know how much you like him."

    Yes, I am a dork. I hope we can still be friends. And you know I am thrilled about the new baby!! Grow, baby, grow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now there's another creative way to make a baby announcement! You young gals are so much fun! I love the way you did it!! CONGRATULATIONS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! You needed that bright spot, didn't you? As for all the ick, we're all empathy. You know we've been there too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited for you regarding #7!!! Can't wait to hear more. You must be out of 1st trimester already or close to it??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent announcement!!!! So happy for you all, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, so cute! Congrats again, Madeline!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!