Monday, April 7, 2014

The Past 4 Days

It's Monday. On Friday I had a headache creep in on me and it didn't fully go away until yesterday morning. So I spent the majority of the weekend hydrating and sleeping because that is pretty much what was enjoyable to me.

Thankfully I was able to just rest. I slept for a LONG time Friday into Saturday and that really helped. I went out to lunch with a friend then to Hobby Lobby. I was getting this jolly good idea to join in the stitch-a-long with Jenna so I went to buy a transfer pen and they had none. So... we'll see if this happens or not. But then Saturday night that headache came creeping back. So I slept hard until Sunday when I felt much better finally.

I did wind up helping with yard work yesterday. Spring yard clean up is not really all that fun but there's only 2 weeks of free yard waste pick up. It was sunny and nice out yesterday and there's this saying about farmer's making hay when the sun shines. Basically... do it while you know you can.

I would have been grumpy having to pay $5 a bag for the yard waste we could have had picked up for free so we did almost everything in the yard except one flower bed. (We still have next week for pick up.) I even managed to get the Turf Builder down so hopefully my grass looks less like weeds this year! Time will tell.

Monday came in quietly but the action sure picked up this afternoon! Of course it was garbage day today. So obviously it would be a good day for the chest freezer to go kaput. We're lucky to have friends with Tuesday garbage pick up so we're not stuck with rotting food for a week! It's a good thing I wanted to get some applesauce out or I wouldn't have noticed until tomorrow probably! At least I was able to salvage some things to the upstairs freezer and changed my entire menu plan for the week to include the now-thawing meat in my fridge. Is Thursday an actual Feast day? Because it is now at our house!

I did have to make some choices over what would stay and what would go and Husband was of course not shocked when I determined the pepperoni was a goner. Luckily the steaks and other expensive cuts of meat and giant 5lb blocks of cheese were still frozen and I could make room for them. As it happens we just used the last of our ground beef so I can safely say no beef went to waste at all!

The only real bummer was the push-ups were toast. Just orange liquid. And C and I had only split one so there was a lot of waste. The consolation is that we used our bonus reward points to buy them so while we lost the points we didn't lose cash on wasted treats. Small victories right?

That's what we've been up to the past few days. I hope your Monday has been less running around with not-quite-frozen food than mine!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my...
    That is enough excitement for awhile, my friend.
    Glad you could salvage the meat!
    Prayers for some "normal" to come your way. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!