Sunday, June 8, 2014

Gardening.

There is a statistic that says something akin to gardening can reduce stress. While I feel that may be true for some people. I do not fall into the category. I can safely tell you that my first foray into vegetable gardening caused me nothing but stress and anxiety. 

It all started with a goal of mine... to grow a tomato. I aim low. I just want one. This has been my goal for 2 years. Last year it didn't happen. And this year I was determined. 

It started with 3 packets of seeds and this peet moss/indoor greenhouse kit thing. We started that in March. Due to the winter that wouldn't end they moved outside into their actual living arrangements today. So we (Husband and I) did gardening. We filled the potter things up with top soil and something called humus + manure, mixed it up and moved our little plants in. We had to use potters because our patio is the only place that gets sun with any consistency throughout the day. 

During this process I got dirty and there were lots of bugs. I am not a fan of nature. Or dirt. I can deal with it. I just prefer not to. All I can say is that this floppy little plant best be growing into something that tastes good with bacon and lettuce on bread. 


Our little tomato plants in their new homes and fake cages that we built. 


Gardening. The most popular hobby did not gain another fan today. We'll just look at each other through the windows and call it good. 


2 comments:

  1. Haha too funny! I love gardening, I just did a post on mine. But my mom hates it, my grandparents on my dad side were farmers, must be where I got it from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand why things can't just grow on their own without any interference. Shouldn't I just be able to throw some seeds at the ground and come back a few months later to fully grown produce? How has nature survived so long if it is so dependent on special dirt and extra water etc.??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!