I'll be honest here for a second and when I first glanced at the theme I thought it said "trials" and I was like "strange." But fascinating. We haven't had an abstract theme since the reboot and... oh wait. It didn't say trials. It said trails.
Which is awesome too. Sort've. Except for the fact I don't really hike. Or bike. So I do not frequent the trails around here. So what to do exactly? I could just skip a Theme Thursday but I don't like to skip Theme Thursday.
Here is my most often tread trail. The Deep Blue Something Trail.
![]() |
And I am #sorrynotsorry if you now have Breakfast at Tiffany's in your head. Because I absolutely named my staircase personal hiking trail from the band name. And their one hit wonder about a movie they both kinda liked. So they should probably stay together then.
The Deep Blue Something Trail gets me from humid to cool in a 16 step descent. This works in reverse if you head up, it starts off cool and gets more humid. Because our AC doesn't do as good of a job up on the north summit. Only 6 of the 16 mini-plateaus are aided by a handrail much to the chagrin of my mother. Apparently in 1920 they didn't care much for holding on.
A common question of The Deep Blue Something Trail is what in good gracious is the door on the Sherpa's landing up there before the sharp turn in the path? It is not a laundry chute though most people open it to check. It is the plumbing access. I haven't needed plumbing access since moving in but I find it safe to say if I ever do I'll be glad for the door and not tearing a new hole in my wall.
Often the trail is best negotiated with a toddler, a basket of laundry or a full bladder but can be accessed any time. Unlike most public trails, because this one is privately owned it is open 24/7. It is also groomed regularly to keep debris out of the path. If a guide is required reservations must be made in advance otherwise the trail is open on a first come, first served basis.
Happy Thursday Friends! Link up your far more natural trails with Cari and go forth and HIKE!

Hysterical, as always. I loved the addition of the Sherpa. I can just see C right now wearing one of their customary hats. :)
ReplyDeleteThat was a classic!! and I was cracking up at your opening thoughts :)
ReplyDeleteLove it! Plumbing access is almost as exciting as a laundry chute. (I have a laundry chute, but not easy plumbing access...)
ReplyDeleteI had to smile at the line about it being groomed regularly to keep debris off the path because that is the biggest challenge on any stair "trail" in our house! Everything seems to collect there!
ReplyDeleteOh, I know the difference between the top and bottom of the stairs. I love yours. :)
ReplyDelete