Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

7 QT: Bags, Tomatoes, Potatoes, Fall Things and a Book

1. Utter Disbelief and Joy
I got a package in the mail yesterday. A package that made me loudly proclaim "No way." A package that ensued the whisper screaming happy dance.

Which was then mocked by C. The little scamp apparently thought my happy dance with whisper scream was hilarious. In all honesty, it probably is. I don't know. Sometimes when you're strangely, ridiculously happy you just want to do the happy dance and you don't care what it looks like.

I was not anticipating something quite so wonderful. My mom had told me one last present was coming this week. And again, sign of my new found grown up self, I didn't really dwell on it. I didn't dream about what it could be. I didn't stalk the mailman or UPS. I just went along with life.

Maybe you come here often. Maybe you don't at all. But once upon a time in February I fell in love with a diaper bag.  Since then I have entered every single contest, giveaway to win a Lily Jade. Any Lily Jade. Beggars cannot be choosers and all that. But again, let's reiterate that my name is Madeline and red is already my color. So in June-ish they had a whole new line roll out. And they came out with a budget friendlier version of Madeline in Red. It is canvas. 


And now it is mine. Like it is sitting right next to me. I am dying a little bit. And I am thoroughly excited to leave my house and try it out. Says the person who hasn't summoned the energy for leaving the house all week. 

2. Tomatoes
I had one goal this year. Grow a tomato. Yes, one, singular tomato. I aim low. Because I kill plants, trees and flowers. But I also love the taste of fresh from the vine tomatoes. Just so darn tasty.

And look what we have here:



All told I got 4 tomatoes. (There may be two more ripening but I'm not counting chickens.) Best BLT of my life. But it was a lot of panic/effort/ for a sandwich and the farmers market tomatoes taste pretty darn good so maybe there won't be a repeat performance in subsequent years. 

3. Fall Weather
We're supposedly getting a cool down today. I am rejoicing in that. I am officially at the stage of pregnancy where I am just hot all the time. 

4. Fall Sports: Football 
I am just such a big football fan. (Not really.) I have decided however that at some point I would like to go to a game, but only if it's at a stadium that isn't open air in freezing cold weather. I don't have near enough interest in football for that. This is a long term goal though, maybe I'll try out the new Viking Stadium when it's not really new anymore. 

Last nights game was my very favorite kind. There was a safety. (I love it when football players make a safety!) AND (Marie just close your eyes for a minute okay?) the Packers lost. 

5. Mr. Potato Head

We got one of these for C for his birthday at the end of May. I don't know what it is about Mr. Potato Head but in the simplistic fun it has been one of the best toys ever. Not only has it been good for the fine motor skills (putting the pieces in) but also good for body part naming, pretend play and working on clean up skills. And he's like $8. Phenomenal. 

6. Sanditon 
 

I have book club on Tuesday. It's even at my house. (Helping out a pal without a lot of room in her apartment for hosting.) I cannot get into this book. I know we are all supposed to love Jane. And I have read her major works so no worries. But I am not the biggest Jane fan. And this is sloppy unfinished Jane that "Another Lady" finished. (I haven't even gotten to her part yet.) This may be the first time in 4 years I will be at book club without having read the book. 

7. Fall Fruit: Apple Season 
Is nearly here. I am excited. I think my boys are going up next weekend to pick and bring me back a boatload of tasty! I am partial to early season apples, Honeycrisp and Cortland. The perk of a family orchard is not one I take for granted. 

Happy Friday! Linking up with Miss I have a radio show now at Conversion Diary. 

2 comments:

  1. Way to twist the knife M! The loss was bad enough…

    You sound like our priest. He has publicly said that his two favorite teams are the Vikings and whoever is playing the Packers on any given Sunday. :( Ugh….

    Love the bag, but more than that, I love how excited you are about the bag! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!