Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

Being Productive Energizes Me

Hello and happy Monday! I am not usually a Monday person (at all) but I am still pumped by this weekend and it has carried over into today. I'll take it.

Saturday brought the opportunity to sleep in a little. M was content going back to sleep after her 6ish feeding and I was not complaining. We slept until about 9;00! Heavenly! While the girls stayed in the boys went out. They got an oil change, did the grocery shopping and C got a hair cut. How's that for all before lunch?!

During nap time we did a photo shoot of Miss M because she turned one month!


She really has such a serious face most of the time. 
Saturday night was Family Movie Night! We watched Enchanted. I picked it because I am kind of over some of the other movies C has been watching nonstop. And he loves music. Joke's on me because we have been watching "Mouse and Bugs" (Happy Working Song) on near repeat since then. But we had a good time watching as a family and had fresh oatmeal chocolate chip cookies as a picnic. We all sat on a blanket in the living room and we of course did "clink" (cheers) many many times with both cookies and our milk.

After bedtime on Saturday the adults really partied hard. We moved our entertainment center, vacuumed and dusted behind it, took the blinds down and put the insulation plastic over the windows. We also rearranged some furniture so that there's a table by the chair I use when I feed M. Pretty exciting stuff I know.

Sunday afternoon was equally exciting. We did the insulating wrap on the big front window while we waited for Kathryn to come over. Then Kathryn and I went out running errands. I checked off everything on my list.

  • Baptism Outfit for M
  • Ham for Thursday
  • Tights for me for Saturday
  • Order Baptism Cake
  • Stamps
Kathryn was able to start her Christmas shopping as well. Our productivity continued into the evening with a tasty dinner and watching The Good Wife. (Better than last week's episode for sure.) And of course the ever popular at our house, insulating wrap on yet another set of windows. We finished up the night putting stamps on the birth announcements so they could go in the mail. 

This morning we woke up to snow. And I've somehow managed to be fairly productive. We started our place cards craft for Thursday, I did a load of laundry and I'm about to make applesauce to can. Snazzy stuff. 

Have a swell day! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been busy!! I cleaned out my refrigerator today and I was feeling pretty pleased with that until I read your post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! It feels good to do that stuff when you feel like it. Sometimes I sit and think...how in the heck did I do all that?!

    Your babe is a sweetie!

    What a fun Christmas in your house! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!