Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Today...

Week in my life 2014 continues... 



Tuesday. Oh Tuesday.



Today started off tired. 

There wasn't a lot of sleep to be had last night. When we woke up the roof and the car had a dusting of snow. I don't hate snow but I was relieved it wasn't "get out there and shovel" snow. And seeing the gloomy, wet and cold outside didn't make me any more awake.

Today there was love. 

C said "Nice Baby Mer-mith. A nice face. So nice." While he patted her head gently.

I have oatmeal for breakfast nearly every day. It's cheap. It's hot. It's filling. I like it. I finished the container the other day. We buy our oatmeal at Sam's Club so there's always more to fill it back up. But when I went to grab it to take it to the basement to fill it up Husband had already done it for me. Small gestures with big meanings.

Today there was relief. 

M had 2 really dirty diapers. She is not an "after every feed" baby. She is a once a day baby.

C ate something besides fruit. A Nutra-grain bar. Some yogurt. Some crackers and a piece of cheese. Even some salad at dinner. There was plenty of fruit consumed as well if you were worried. You probably weren't.

Dinner prep was easy because we still have a few frozen meals. Today was the perfect day for ravioli and marinara.

Today there was crying. 

Darn that Netflix finally putting Season 10 of Grey's Anatomy in the queue. I was not emotionally prepared to say goodbye to Cristina Yang today but I hit play anyway and cried my way through. It really is one of the best episodes of all time. But so many feels.

C let some tears flow after nap because he wasn't ready to wake up yet. M cried a lot. But to be fair that's kind of her only possibility for communication at this point in her life. So I didn't take it personally. I generally don't take crying personally because my kids are 2 and 20 days old.

Today there was happiness.

C danced to "All About the Bass" around the living room. It's his favorite song and one of my favorite activities to watch. Just pure joy radiating from the group at that point.

M rolled over three times. It might have been chalked up to a fluke but she did it three times in a row. Yes it was tummy to back which is the easier roll but hey... at 20 days old it's still pretty exciting stuff!

We read the Pigeon books as a family on C's bed before bedtime. When all four of us are on one double bed reading out loud, that's pretty much my heart spilling over.

Today there were diapers changed. Toys picked up. Naps. Squirting juice boxes. A shower for mom. Work for dad. (He took a shower too.) Wheel of Fortune viewing as a family. A Skype session with Grandma and Grandpa. Today was pretty much like any other day. But it was the only 11.11.14 we're going to get so that made it magical and special in it's own right.

Today was everything it was supposed to be. 



2 comments:

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!