Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

As They Grow


This is mostly for me to remember what they were like at their specific ages but you may find things interesting too. 

An outtake from the post-Baptism party. 
M at 6 weeks old today!
  • Is starting to smile real smiles and make good eye contact
  • Loves to be held most of all
  • Can roll from tummy to back both directions now. (Added to the right yesterday.) 
  • Uses the above skill to get out of tummy time frequently. 
  • Probably going through a growth spurt because ALL THE SLEEP and eating just enough before drifting off again. 
  • Knows when the family is eating dinner and demands to be held during it. Doesn't matter if she has just eaten or was totally asleep. 
  • In 0-3 month clothes, most are still way too long in the legs. 
  • Has started appreciating the full swaddle. 

C at 2.5 a week ago today!
  • Loves animals. (Figurines, pictures, videos etc.) But the walrus is still the best. 
  • Loves to make messes. 
  • Definitely expresses his twoness with fits. Sometimes for no reason at all. 
  • Very generous with hugs and kisses
  • Really starting to get an ear for singing and I think it's the cutest thing ever. 
  • Wears 3T shirts but just only barely into 2T pants and they're long and no matter how much I adjust the waist still loose. 
  • Still naps but it varies now if he'll go right to sleep or stay awake for a while reading in his bed. A few times he's skipped it all together and it hasn't ruined everything. 
  • Loves any kind of water activity. Swimming, showers and baths. Getting out is the worst part. 
  • Hasn't determined hand dominance yet. Automatically reaches for markers etc. with his left hand but is more precise with his right. 
Often heard phrases: 

"I Help You" (I need help.) 
"What are you doing?" (About 80 times a day.) 
"Mmm [insert food he's eating here] tasties. It's tasties." 


I love my little minions. C is generally quite good with M and he makes her smile which is about as good as it gets with this age! 

2 comments:

  1. Precious!!!!
    And you are so wise to record all these special things. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that picture got me. I love those kinds of moments. I can look at that picture forever! You are so blessed, my dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!