Monday, December 8, 2014

So How Was Your Weekend?


Once upon a time last week I saw this picture on the interwebs. 


It's on many blogs and web searches so I have NO idea who actually took it. If it was you and you want me to take it down I will. Well I liked it. And we still hadn't taken our Christmas card picture. So we lovingly borrowed their set up idea. Here it is in all it's glory. 


Not quite as many lights (ours weren't icicle lights so they made more straight lines) and you can see the strings with nothing else in the picture. But not bad for our dining room turned into a photo studio. What you can't see is the light kit and the wooden chairs holding up the sticks with the Christmas balls hanging on them. I am ruining the magic. 



This is a spectacular outtake from the photo shoot. You see, C decided he had no interest in holding his sister so when I would place her in between his legs he would lean back or lay down. Jokes on us! As it happens however both kids took pretty good pictures on their own. Well, C's is great. M is 6 weeks old so it's kind of hard to make her do much of anything but we did catch one or two smiles. 

In the end we have a Christmas card I really like. You'll have to wait for that though! 

Have a good Monday everyone. 

4 comments:

  1. HA thank you for making me laugh!!! Too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!!! Both the outtake which is hilarious and that backdrop! I can't wait to see the finished project. Look at you making backdrops for photo shoots with a tiny baby! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a pretty awesome photo backdrop, whether it worked this year or not. I've been there. With my girls I pinned like a billion things on Pinterest that I was going to try in photo shoots myself. Let's just say that the planned shoots never turned out right and moods never worked out. Those randomly captured shots though with the least cutest outfit in their wardrobe and uncoordinated backdrops always did.
    I finally sat my kids in front of the tree on Sunday for a Christmas card photo. New haircuts on three of the kids, threw on the Christmas outfits (unmatching as they are) and made the oldest ones pretend they were happy to be in our family. About 30 shots later, I at least had 2 that worked. lol.
    Can't wait to see how your card turned out. I'm hoping you'll post it here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!