We had a lovely weekend.
I was gifted the chance to sleep in both Saturday and Sunday. Special breakfasts BOTH days.
I got Snuggles with my favorite boy. Then even more snuggles with my favorite girl.
Saturday was nice outside, though it was a little bit buggy, the one drawback to the rain we've been having. We were able to get out the water table. C has been all boy this outdoor season and plays in the dirt like he means business. Well I am trying to grow grass and frankly I'm sick of cleaning up his filthy self multiple times a day so we are building a sandbox. But we haven't built it yet so we added sand to the other side of the water table as a band aid to the situation. It was a win.
We also planted my Impatiens and that excites me to no end. When we moved in, the previous owners had our two flower beds FULL of perennials. Now I know this is not the popular opinion but I don't like perennials. Sure tulips and daffodils are great. We've planted even more daffodil bulbs than what we had. I have plans for tulip bulbs this fall.
But the vast majority of what they had planted was really ugly. There's this vine-like purple one that is nice. And I like the greenery the hostas provide but pretty much the rest could grow. I am just far more partial to annuals. I'm not ashamed to say it.
Yesterday we didn't do much. I wanted a ham dinner because we didn't have a ham for Easter. So we had homemade rolls, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots and ham. We set the table all fancy like with flowers and everything. Actually it was really low key but super nice. Then a thunderstorm rolled through, and I love a good thunderstorm so I was really happy.
I hope however you spent your weekend it was special it it's own way.
And now it is Monday. It's a little chilly and dreary today but that's okay. It makes for cozy feelings and snuggles. I love snuggles. Well I hope M will be convince of the need to snuggle, she is learning how to pull herself up without a parent right next to her and it is taking up all her time.
That's what's going on in my neck of the woods.
Happy belated Mother's Day! I love, love, LOVE thunderstorms and just rainy days in general. Maybe because then I don't feel so guilty about just staying inside and have a lazy "let's just enjoy" the day kind of day and not rushing around. And puddles. Puddles and 3yr olds are a match made in heaven. I love watching E play in puddles. I am glad you had a great weekend, it sounds fabulous!
ReplyDelete