Monday, July 27, 2015

What a Weekend!

The last weekend of July in my town is a hectic busy crowded one. There are several athletic events that all take place in town and a street fair. We typically avoid all the crowds and this year was no different.

C had his final swim lesson on Saturday morning. It was pretty good. C really likes the water and his teacher Mr. Josh. The class he was in was for all 3-4 year olds and it started about a week after C's birthday. He was the youngest in his class by far, and it showed while he was in the pool, but when it actually came down to the skills they learned (as opposed to some of the games they played) he did very well. He is very good at blowing bubbles and kicking!!

The rest of Saturday was a family day as we celebrated Christmas in July. We listened to Christmas music and I wrapped presents during rest time. When they woke up we opened them! I put them under this little Norfolk Pine that we have and called it the Christmas Bush. Now of course, that is the name of it. We had a "holiday" dinner and it was delightful. Post dinner we had Christmas ice cream (because it's still July after all) and watched Elf.

Yesterday was M's 9 month photo shoot and cleaning day. A lot of fun! Well the photo shoot was fun, cleaning was less so. But we got some cute pictures and I'm pretty happy. We used M's fancy seersucker dress for pictures, which is actually funny because without planning it, C's 9 month pictures were in his fancy outfit with a seersucker jacket. Also, we took pictures with a rocking chair that my mom got for her first Christmas. So the painting on the chair is very 1960s. C used the same rocker with his



All in all, I am pretty impressed with how my weekend went. I certainly hope it carries on into the week!! 

6 comments:

  1. What precious photos!!!!! I love them!!!!
    And so glad you enjoyed Christmas in July!
    It's fun, right?
    Hope the rest of your week is cozy and happy. : )
    P.S. Totally jealous your cleaning is done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! What a little cutie! We did 3, 6, 9 and 12 month pictures with Peter and Sarah. And then I got two frames with 4 spaces each and hung them over each other. I love comparing them throughout their first year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally a sucker for seer sucker! :) She is adorable, simply adorable. I haven't been great about doing the girls month pictures, but I love looking at yours! 9 months. Crazy. Soon you will be getting ready for her 1st birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. M is a DOLL. Just checking in to say hello, I have been such a loser lately...she is just beautiful, prayers for your family!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ... Miss M is SO cute!!! I just LOVE the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!