Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Preschool Letter Y


This week brought the letter Y to us at our little preschool.This week also took Husband on a business trip to Atlanta. Since he wasn't around, I didn't feel much like hosting even though it was our week so we took a field trip to the museum. 

I'm not going to lie, I think it was harder than having them over to my house! Even with the other moms. As M can walk it is hard to convince her she isn't allowed to participate. Because the museum was crowded it was hard to watch both kids and poor M got the short end of the stick. She did get some time with the water table. Luckily they have step stools so she could reach. 

We read "The Yellow Dot Book" (Press Here) and had juice boxes and yogurt raisins to keep some sort of Y theme going but mostly it was a free for all at the museum. 


Today we had a grand adventure with Y! If you'll excuse my bluish tint pictures. :) Check the white balance Madeline!

We started out by playing with yarn! Looking at how long or short it was (I cut many different lengths.) Seeing what shapes they could make, how they dance in the air, how they stretch, etc. 

After our welcome and circle time we did YOGA!  I found this little series online and we did this story off Youtube on the Roku. I set out beach towels to be their "mats" and they did okay. Sometimes they all just watched and sometimes they really participated and liked it. 


We made Yellow Ys for craft. Just gluing squares of yellow tissue paper on the Y. 


We made Y's with our bodies to learn the shape of the letter. And we followed that up with the YMCA dance. (Obviously right?!) That was fun. 


We read "Should I Share my Ice Cream" because ice cream is yummy! Then we sang the "5 green speckled frog" song really emphasizing the YUM! YUM! Following all that yum was our snack of yogurt and yo-yo cookies. (Oreos with pull and peel licorice wrapped around and sticking off the top as the string.) 

We also did Yodeling! We watched The Lonely Goatherd from The Sound of Music and then yodeled around the house. 

And that was our Y preschool day in a nutshell. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!