Pages

Friday, September 11, 2015

7 Because It's Friday

one. Due to an extremely last minute project (invented by his boss yesterday at about 3:00) Husband had to go into work at 6:00. I think we have established here that me + mornings = not the best of friends ... so I was not a fan but whatever. At 7:15 I was still bleary-eyed from the wake up of the group, post diaper change but not quite to the go downstairs stage. C was like, "Ish Mom," (he spends a lot of time with me) "a bug."

It was a spider of quarter size proportions. VERY fuzzy and sadly, very quick. This spider had a spouse/sibling/friend in my room earlier in the summer and there was a very dramatic text message interchange as I watched it crawl across the ceiling while I was stuck nursing M. Suffice it to say, Husband did not think a spider was a worthy reason to leave work to rescue me, but he did in fact, commit murder later that evening.

Obviously, this guy wanted to exact revenge for the death of the other, and because it has impeccable timing, picked the only day with my designated killer of insects gone early. By the time I put a paper towel on the end of the Swiffer stick to go into battle, it had disappeared. I kid you not. Which, of course, is the WORST. Because now every tickle of hair is the spider no longer on the ceiling but ON ME. I have already jumped in recoil five times in the last hour. I am living in a constant state of fear. It's going to be a long day.

two. It was my week for preschool this week and I also hosted book club last night. All of the planning and cleaning has made this short week feel very long.

three. C starts a soccer program on Monday. It's just 6 weeks and just to see if he has any interest at all in soccer. I think it will be cute and I am inferring that the program will be very small. (Since they resent the email to sign up just yesterday...) Perfect.

four. For my second day of Letter L, we made a fine motor lollipop tree, (putting dum dums in colander holes) read a lion book, made lion masks, did yellow painted hand prints on our lemonade stand signs and used our painted finger to trace the letter L (Down down down, over, over, over) made lemonade. did lacing cards, had a special lion dance party, sang "Aikendrum" and played upon our ladles, walked the giant L on the floor, made an L with their bodies, went on a lion hunt, and sold our lemonade to the moms the cost of which was 1 penny because Lincoln. In case you needed some L ideas of your own.

five. 

Oh the comment sections. So entertaining. So infuriating. So many times you just have to wonder "Why?"


six. Do you ever look at the milestones your children are supposed to be hitting and see the red flags in your own actions? Apparently, by the middle of October, M is should be pointing at things. Only I never point. Never. How would she ever learn to point unless I do? So I have started and she has started and things are good. Sometimes those charts are really more a guideline for the parenting I swear.

seven. In the most awkward thing you'll read on the internet today, M thinks toilet paper is among the best toys. First you can unroll it, then run around with it and sit in the big pile of it, entertainment for days. But to combat that for the most part we have been leaving it on the counter. Only someone (neither kid will fess up) walked off with the spring rod and now we can't find it. I was so happy no one had to use the bathroom last night! It looks so trashy to just have the roll on the counter.

Yes. A whole take about the placement of our toilet paper roll. Excitement abounds over this way. Have a good weekend and wish me God Speed since after two trips upstairs with Mr. Potty Trained the spider is still MIA.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, man! I hope you found the spider! Intellectually, I know spiders are supposed to be good, etc., but they do not belong in the house!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!