Monday, April 17, 2017

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to you! My kids are deeply disappointed that it is no longer Easter. And, I know that it's an octave and all that but it's the secular hunting for eggs and baskets they would like to repeat, not the Mass so... whatever.

We did have a great little Easter. Saturday was spent in preparation cleaning the house, watching the new baby giraffe and having some fun family time. We went out for a pizza dinner which was fun and wonderful then came home to dye our eggs.


It was fun and no one lost their temper, but it was kind of a comedy of errors. Let's just say that I am glad I insisted that everyone be in play clothes. Every single one of us spilled some dye, from the adults with some tsunami like waves to the kids full on cup emptying. But in the end only one egg was lost (by a two year old) and everyone was happy with how they turned out. 

The kids also drew pictures for the Easter bunny. Which were quite cute. Husband helped tape the pictures to the back door so he would be sure to find them. 



We do a combined tradition at our house. Growing up, we found a hidden basket of goodies. Husband grew up hunting eggs. So we hid baskets that had two books, two tsum tsums, (referred to as "little guys" in our house) some Reese's eggs and a little extra candy sprinkled in. Then the kids looked for 20 eggs each filled with jelly beans, M&M eggs and Reese's peanut butter rabbits. This basket picture is staged. They did not have eggs in them when the kids found them, nor were the goodies so high because #ihateeastergrass. We totally added some plastic grocery bags under the liner to prop up the stuff for the picture. 

Everyone loved Easter morning! 


We went to our normal 11:00 Mass. It was crowded but not crazy crowded. We got there a half hour early and someone had already camped out in our spot. So we were like three rows back from normal. Frustrating for me because getting my spot is one of those small victory competitions in my mind. We also missed our row by about 25 seconds for Holy Thursday. (Which was the only part of the Triduum we attempted with the group.)

But we made it through Easter with no real problems. There was a little girl in the row in front of us and she was not a good influence on M who is our problem most of the time. She was eating crackers so we of course had to bust out our "talking during the consecration" crackers WAY early. Overall behavior gets a B and I will take it!! 



C's shirt is untucked because his pants were too big! They were an elastic waist but not adjustable waist and we had to safety pin them so they would stay up! Luckily the shirt covered it! I may have to take uniform pants into a tailor depending on the pants I can find. 

Anyway, that was basically our Easter in a nutshell. I hope you had a wonderful one!






3 comments:

  1. Easter grass is from the devil! It seems to get everywhere and you can never get it all up. Nothing like finding Easter basket grass in October! :O) We didn't even realize until Sunday that we didn't dye eggs. And it was Dan that remembered. The kids didn't mention it and didn't even care that we didn't do it. Also, Dan (aka the Easter Bunny) used to run through the house all day on Easter hiding chocolate eggs for the kids to find. Obviously, we don't do that any more. either. Having teenagers is great but sometimes I miss the little kid traditions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree!
    Easter Grass has no place in any home!!!!
    Love your sweet littlest Easter!
    Beautiful baskets.
    And I remember those cracker church days!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful Easter! So, people taking my seat at Mass during Christmas and Easter has always been a pet peeve of mine. If I'm there all year, I feel like I should get the pew! But I know I'm being ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!