Pages

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Gearing Up!

Oh my friends. Can you believe it's THURSDAY already? Like tomorrow is Friday?

I am not ready! There's so much to do before this weekend! We have three parties this weekend for C, my brother and my dad! All with three different themes. Inspired by C's awesome theme for Husband's birthday, both kids were able to choose the themes for the parties. So we will be celebrating with a Ninja Turtle party, Mickey and the Roadster Racers party and a Mo Willems party.

I am exhausted just writing that!

And, no, there are no Mo Willems party things you can just buy. So we are creating it. Which is so much fun. Kathryn Whitaker I am not. But it shouldn't be too shabby. Luckily for everyone involved Husband is a graphic designer. If he were not I literally don't even know how I would pull this off.

Little party hat preview here. 


We actually decided instead of stressing and having a big friend party this year that we would take C on an experience. He doesn't even know it yet, we will tell him tomorrow, but C is going to go to his first professional show He has been to some children's shows and some local community theater productions. But with two theater majors for parents and five being the age most theaters start letting kids in... it seemed like a fun idea.

We are going to see Frog and Toad at Children's Theatre Company. So, yes, I recognize he could go at any age to this theater and so it isn't quite as special. But we love this show. We love the books. And CTC actually staged this show first before it transferred to Broadway. This is the first time they've done it since, but I know it will be done well!! And C LOVES this show. We will be seeing our local professional theater's version in June here, but we just couldn't pass up the chance for a big two-on-one date with our guy. My first professional show was also at CTC and we saw Madeline to the Rescue in their 1990-1991 season. So I was also either 4 or 5.

I can't wait to see his eyes shine! And, okay, I can't wait to see the show! Plus, then the Mo Willems party is just for family which is way less stressful!!

So that is a little bit what I have been up to this week. Planning some parties. Plus all the regular life stuff. Just a little busy but for fun reasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!