Monday, July 17, 2017

Mondays

Monday is nearly over. It was a good one. Honestly, in this last little bit, the "good ones" have greatly outweighed the "bad ones." Not just Mondays. But all the days.

I could go on and on about the family adventure we had on Saturday.


We rode the water taxi across the Mississippi to "Illa-noyd" as C calls it. We took in the "tractor museum" which was fun-ish but there were a lot of grown adult men walking around playing with the machinery. I know that it is a museum for everyone but they were face-timing in the combine etc... anyway. It annoyed me. We walked a bit further for lunch out and rode the water taxi back around to our stop.

So there it was in a nutshell. I could also tell you about book club on Saturday night.

We got together at one of my family's favorite restaurants at my recommendation. We enjoyed pizza and calzones and chatted about everything. And I left feeling full both physically and intellectually. Even of the book sucked. (Which it did. Luckily it was not my pick.)

I didn't take any pictures because I was in the moment. But I wasn't even going to write about it so there you go.

I am well aware of the fact that every note my kid writes isn't actually that interesting or impressive to anyone but his parents and grandparents. But daily I am impressed by what comes out of the end of his pencil. He got a hair cut yesterday. I didn't take a picture but he looks so grown up and it's hard to not think that he actually is getting so grown up.

Bringing us to our ever returning Monday. After a slightly annoyed start to the morning, I opted to make lemonade and we accomplished a lot. We went to the post office, the park (and then had to switch playgrounds due to an onslaught of big kids from a summer program) and the grocery store.

I got my kitchen cleaned during rest time including cleaning out the fridge and the top of the fridge. I mopped. The dishes are done. I also got dinner into the crock pot which essentially took care of that. God bless the inventor of crock pots. (And rice cookers/veggie steamers which took care of the other part of the dinner.)

So what I am saying here is that life is normal but good. Errands mixed with fun outings. Chores mixed with play. The kids even got postcards today from my parents which made it a good mail day. Mondays are a rare breed, they really aren't always fun, but there they are. This one wasn't bad. This one was pretty good. And I am thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going well for you guys this summer!! "Normal but good" to me sounds like ordinary time - which is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!