Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Fall Food

So it's practically Fall here. I mean it isn't meteorological Fall until next week. But the nights are cool and some of the days are even cool. Which means we are in the best time of year where we don't use the heat or the air conditioning!

Also it brings us to the most delicious time of year. Fall food is excellent because you can start using your oven again and not even worrying about it.

Last night we made the Honey Mustard Sheet Pan dinner Beth suggested. I did just use store bought Honey Mustard dressing, no shame in my game, but it was delicious. C ate all his chicken and asked for more, which almost never happens with meat. M loved the potatoes but that isn't the most ringing endorsement as she just loves potatoes. (Funny enough, C won't touch them!)

I took no pictures of the food so here is an unrelated picture of Sorcerer Mickey doing magic and taking Ortensia's flower hat away.



This morning I made Billie Jo's recommended Pumpkin Chip Muffins. I have made these before and I was SO excited to make them. I bought pumpkin at the grocery store especially for these muffins. What I forgot was muffin cups. But I figured I could just spray the pan and all would be well. Not so my friends. While they were baking it just smelled off, like they were scorching. But they looked fine. That's because the sides and bottoms were in fact scorching. *whomp whomp whomp* 

A few turned out okay and they taste wonderful as I knew they would. But I will have to get some muffin cups and try this over again because this batch was not as fabulous as I anticipated. But still, pumpkin muffins surely announce that Fall is here too. I could go in and take a picture of them all charred up on the bottom, but you don't really need to see that. 

Do you have any other great Fall recipes I shouldn't miss out on? Would you like a recipe? I posted a link to this last week but as it's the only fairly new-to-me recipe I've made lately I can go ahead and post it again. 

Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes and Apples. I have made this both as a make ahead freezer meal and a just put all the raw ingredients in the crock pot meal. And it's really good. It's the only pork chops I've ever liked. (Though I haven't tried the ones Billie Jo just recommended the other day yet.) And I'll admit, I got a little nervous putting 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar in... but I was not disappointed at all. 

I made this for my SIL as a make ahead meal and they said they liked it. And we like it. And the lady who wrote the recipe likes it. So we can't all be crazy. Just make sure some of the sweet potatoes and apples are on top of the pork chops and you'll be golden! 

Okay, have a wonderful Wednesday! 





1 comment:

  1. So glad you enjoyed it! Sorry the muffins scorched. I would have also assumed that they would be fine without the cup liners. Who knew??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!