Friday, October 13, 2017

7 Things: Shoes and Other Things

1. Well here we go again. It's the dress all over again. 


The kids and I think this shoe is definitely teal and gray but what say you? Do you see pink and white? I guess it actually is in fact pink and white which makes me 0/2. I definitely still think the dress is white and gold too even if I have since been proven wrong.

2. Yesterday was M's due date. A date I will never forget. And I'm not going to lie to you, I have just the tiniest bit of PTSD about these next few days. Not like actual PTSD but my heart races a little bit remembering the waiting and the feeling like one of the doctors wasn't listening to me. 10 days still seems like a long time to me even this three years later.

3. I am pretty excited about Scentsy right now. I try really hard to not spam my small blog audience about it. It for real is the smallest of side hustles just for my own discount but this past week I got a few orders from some new people which seriously like never happens. There's a special sale today and Monday and I just all around am excited about padding the Christmas budget up a bit.



4. This week was the first time in a long time that pants and shoes with socks were required. Only because it was a long time I had no idea that C's tennis shoes were not the right size. And it must be a fairly recent shoe spurt because I just bought him dress shoes at the end of August that now are not the right size either.

But I found him some great shoes on Zappos that both met all my requirements in a shoe and his requirement that they be a "good color." His favorite colors are green and blue so these fit the bill. They came today and he likes them but he is sad they aren't maroon because all of a sudden that is his most talked about color.

5. We've been playing sensory table a lot lately. Right now we have popcorn in it. A little mom hack for you is putting it inside a cheap swimming pool. The kernels that slosh over the edge are contained and not all over my basement floor.


It works super well! I like to play some classical music while they play and it becomes a really calm time. And we all like that!

6. M is going to be... what else but Minnie Mouse for Halloween. Not red Minnie but pink Minnie. Obviously. We have her costume and it's super cute. But my question is whether you think we should put black clothes under it. It seems kind of weird, but at the same time it looks too much like just a polka dot dress on a little blonde girl as is. 

Here are some examples. (All not the same costume or M.)

As is:


Just Tights:



Leggings and a shirt



It does tend to be chilly here on Halloween though who even knows? So I was leaning towards the shirt and a tights/leggings but now I just don't know. I feel like if I do the shirt, it needs gloves and then that's a whole extra little bit of $$ I wasn't planning on. 

7. It was a big week with lots to do and lots of places to be so I have't finished a book since Sunday. But I read Ms. Bixby's Last Day over the weekend and it is just so touching. It's YA but leaning toward middle school age. Oh my, this should be required reading for teaching students. I cried reading it. This book reminds me a lot of Wonder which should also be required reading for humanity. (I can't wait for the movie!) 


3 comments:

  1. Um, the shoes aren't teal and grey? I'm with you - that dress was white and gold.
    Kids' foot growth is not easy to predict. I had one daughter outgrow 3 pairs of black shoes (worn only for choir and band) in a school year. I had one son fall down twice at preschool before I realized the reason was that his shoes were two sizes too small. And the kids don't always notice because they're just so used to the shoes.
    I really like the leggings and short look under the Minnie dress. Given that Halloween tends to be cold, in the Midwest, it might be a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shoes are totally teal and grey!! I like the leggings and shirt look underneath the dress but it looks cute without them too. It's nice to have that as an option in case the weather is cold. I wouldn't worry about the gloves - especially if you think there's a chance they would get on her nerves (get in the way of the candy!) and would just be taken off immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress was white and gold! And those sneakers are teal and gray! I can't even imagine seeing them any other color.

    I like the Minnie costume with black tights.

    I've never heard of "Wonder." Checking it out on Amazon right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!