1. This is Us
What can I say? This show is all around well done. Great writing, great acting. It's honest and well done. If you haven't hopped on the train you're probably not going to because of anything I write here but this is television at it's finest. I am definitely in the Randall/Beth camp if I have to choose but they're all pretty great!!
2. Fuller House
This show gets a bad rep but for real it has come into it's own with this new season and was actually really funny. I really enjoyed this little half of a season and I look forward to seeing the rest in December. I don't know if I am team Steve or Matt, but I think I am going to go Matt because there's a lot less broken hearts that way. (Which probably means the writers will go with Team Steve...) I truly think this show's niche audience is for those who enjoyed Full House as a kid and are now parents themselves. The thing I like is that the show doesn't take itself too seriously. It's not This Is Us and it's not trying to be.
3. American Housewife
Well this show is my life. I am Katie Otto. Minus the extra kid and their ages. But otherwise... spot on. We watched the whole first season on Hulu this summer and have so far watched the first two of this season. I am way not a sitcom person but for some reason this one works for me. This past week at the end? With the owl? We were laughing so hard I missed the last few lines of the show. I can assure you that doesn't happen often with me.
4. The Good Place
We just (like two weeks ago) finished the first season on Netflix. It reminds me of Pushing Daisies in that you don't really know where it's going. I liked it well enough to watch it next summer on Netflix but not enough to tune in when it's on. The fake swears are my favorite.
5. Grey's Anatomy
I am so so mad that we caught up over the summer, we were like three seasons behind. Now I feel invested again in the characters and I want to know what happens. I have not succumbed to Shondaland but I may yet. 14 seasons is NOT shabby but I guess I hope they end the show on a higher note than Meredith getting early onset Alzheimer's and just breaking down. (But who even says this is the end?!)
6. The Marvelous Miss Masiel.
I LOVED the pilot and I am so stoked that Amazon ordered two seasons. My love for Amy Sherman-Palladino runs deep and I will literally follow her where she leads. (Or to the edge of the desert.) This show is witty, smart and fast. I am really excited to keep watching soon!
7. Vampirina
In kid show world we actually really like Vampirina on Disney Jr. It's super cute and not at all annoying to watch as a parent. I don't know what my kids dig about it exactly but I like that it's sweet and touching and has some real life applicable lessons mixed in. Some great actors voicing characters too.







Yes!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe just found Vampirina!!!
We love it!!!
I mean Flynn, Peyton, and I all watch it!
Sooo cute!
Also, we are loving The Good Doctor.
Super good.
And The Halloween Baking Championship, of course!
Love you, my fellow tv loving friend. : )
Thank you for including "Grey's Anatomy" in this list. My husband can't believe I got hooked on it (he is not a fan). I started watching reruns (out of order) in the afternoons in 2015, when I was living with my son and his wife and playing nanny to G-Man. I would watch while the little guy napped on my shoulder--it was heaven. This past year, I finally went on Netflix and watched all of the shows from the 13 previous seasons in order from the first episode to the present. I tell my hubby that it should be called "Doctors Behaving Badly," and he asks me why I watch it. But the whole Derek and Meredith thing...it got me hooked. And I've always been a sucker for a good medical show. I think of it as my guilty pleasure, and I'm watching season 14 in real time. :)
ReplyDelete