Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Totally Tuesday

I am very happy to report in on this Tuesday that everything is fine. Our gingerbread house has survived thus far. Which in all honesty surprised me. It has never been something I've worried about but I fully anticipated waking up on Sunday morning to disaster. 

My Monday was about as typical Monday as it gets. There wasn't anything particularly remarkable about it. I did two loads of laundry. Ran the dishwasher. Took C to school. Went grocery shopping. Picked C up from school. Etc. 


M spotted these "cooker mittens" at Aldi. 

It was sunny for the bulk of the day but in the mid afternoon it flurried/rained. Our news outlets really want it to snow and they keep throwing the word around trying to will it into existence. Yesterday was about as minimally flurried as it can get to still call it flurries. Which for the record I am 100% okay with. I know we are supposed to dream about a white Christmas but since our holiday involves driving I am a dreaming about clear and safe road conditions. 

Woah. That is probably the lamest, most ridiculous paragraph that has ever been blogged. 

Anyway, we've been slowly watching The Crown. I am trying to savor it. Usually I am a binge watcher. But the show is so gorgeously done that I fear it will come to an end rather quickly. We'll still probably be done with it by this time next week, with only ten episodes total. 

Today M and I have a play date while C is at school and she is ridiculously excited about it. It otherwise is shaping up to be another mostly regular day. Well, it is Taco Tuesday. And we will be having a taco party for dinner. What makes it a taco party? That is a good question. 

Whenever I plan for a dinner that at least one member of my family is bound to not enjoy, (In this instance C and due to peer pressure or the fun of copycatting probably M too.) I call it a party to make it more enticing. This means I will add chips and salsa to the table along with the traditional taco fare of meat, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and rice. We only serve dragon approved taco toppings and even still one taco will probably have to be cajoled into a food pipe. 


Ah real life. So un-glamorous and boring to read about. Alas, that is what's going on in my world. Have a good regular Tuesday! 




3 comments:

  1. Your world is perfect!!!
    It reminds me of mine years ago.
    And it makes my heart happy. : )
    We did get some snow!
    But it is freezing. So we are enjoying it from inside.
    And I have yet to start The Crown!
    I am hoping Peyton will watch Season one with me before!
    Have cozy day with your precious babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our snow is almost gone! Normally it doesn't last that long around here but it has been unusually cold. If it never snowed here again, I would be okay with that!

    I'm trying to remember when my kids started liking tacos - it probably wasn't until 4th or 5th grade maybe. I can't remember. But now, Peter loves tacos - preferably from Taco Bell though. Not the ones I make. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Cooker mittens", I love it! I have been wondering about The Crown. I haven't yet started it, but of course I hear a lot of good things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!