It is actually sunny today! And it's not supposed to rain again until Sunday! The Mississippi crested at the highest it has ever been so 2019 has been breaking records right and left. Snow, cold, water. Yay.
Anyway, a while back C wrote a letter to Pakak the walrus. And I wrote an accompanying letter to Erika, Pakak's head trainer. And included some pictures of C through the years to demonstrate his true love for Pakak and walruses.
Because, if you've been here for any length of time, walruses are a big deal at our house!
Yesterday, we got some very special mail because Pakak and Erika wrote back! And my guy's day was made. These are screenshots I took from the video of him opening and reading the letter. The joy of getting the mail long before he is home from school is I was bursting with excitement and prepared to capture his reaction.
I pre-opened the envelope before handing it to him since sometimes he rips the envelope to shreds. They included a special picture of Erika and Pakak holding a sign for C. And I was a fan. So was he.
I mean, it's likely that Pakak doesn't get a whole lot of fan mail, but still. It was exceptionally cool that they took the time to take a picture and write him back.
Most walrus calves are born in May, so that's when the zoo celebrates the birthday of the walruses. (since they are rescues with no known actual birthdays) Wednesday was the day for them! So here is my guy's favorite guy with his birthday ice and fish cake.
Pakak and C are both turning 7 this May. Isn't that amazing?
Okay well, I hope your weekend brings you as much joy as a kid who got a letter from his favorite walrus.




I love that they wrote you guys back!! How cool is that!? What a special thing for C!
ReplyDelete