Today is Thursday.
I feel like that's a great place to start today because I for sure have thought it was Monday all day. I even reminded Husband he needed to take the garbage out last night. But it is NOT Monday. It's Thursday.
Husband is at work without a planned vacation day in sight. The kids are on a playdate. And while I should be working and getting some stuff done since it's the first bit of alone time I've had since December 17... instead I am blogging because I have my priorities in check.
We rang in the new year super low key. We had a big ham dinner at 3:00. Which was truthfully just the perfect time. Then we went to Mass and came home for a little party. We had cookies, popcorn, chips, cheese, and slushies. All while watching 101 Dalmatians (the animated one.)
It looked like that. Party animals. But seriously it was super wonderful. We toasted with our Welches sparkling juice at 8:00 and then sent everyone under the age of 8 off to bed. (That was, in fact, staying up late for them.) The adults watched The Holiday, which may be one of my favorite Christmas movies. We saved it since it was still Christmas and ends on New Year's Eve.
After it ended it was like 11:15. And we decided it would silly to go to sleep that close to midnight. So we sat around and waited AND then went to sleep.
Yesterday was spent cleaning and organizing our playroom and living room. We cleaned out cupboards and drawers and it was deeply satisfying. It sounds way lamer than it is I swear.
I am living my best life making all the Dad jokes. "We haven't had pizza this whole decade!" "No one has cleaned their room since last year!"
I hope the start to 2020 has been wonderful for you!


I adore you!
ReplyDeleteYour New Year party was perfect.
I remember those ones well!
And I always loved cleaning and organizing the playroom after Christmas!!!!!!
Have a cozy day. : )
Happy New Year to you and your sweet family!!!!
ReplyDelete