Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Coming At January Like...

We are ready for you January!


Yesterday we got back into our routine. It feels good to have school started up again. We factored in the long Christmas break into our meal plan this week so we won't have any pouty children come dinner time.

My kids are picky eaters. They're getting better but they still have very strong opinions on what they do and don't like. And most of the time I don't cater to that but this week when they're bound to be a little extra exhausted and crabby, nah. I just don't feel like fighting that fight this week. They need food in the bellies and that's what's important. Both of my kids are very good about eating their vegetables but man I'd love to get them to eat a sauce!

Anyway, last night after a fighting free dinner we snuggled on the couch together to watch out friend fill in as meteorologist. 9 years ago that was his job and Husband and I remember him from back in the day. Anyway, our local station needed a fill-in for a few days. My kids think it's the most fun thing in the world that their friend's dad is on TV.

We followed up the news with Wheel of Fortune which we love. We do not love political ads. Man are the caucuses over yet? It's hard to explain political hate ads to children.

Today the sun is shining and even though it's chilly I just love the sunshine so that's great. Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Hello, lovely family!
    We used to watch Wheel of Fortunate every night!
    Happy January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great that they are eating their veggies! I have a very picky 17 year old that basically will only eat meat and potatoes. And I don't really count potatoes as a good veggie! Hope the week is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!