Pages

Monday, March 7, 2022

Normal!!

 Oh my friends. My heart is so full today. Yesterday, for the first time in nearly two years we had what one would consider a normal Mass. 


We sat it "our" pew again. Because our section has been every/other for 2 years and it's been off limits. We've been sitting in front of our spot because it's what we could do. But to sit where we like was such a gift for my heart. And unmasked as well. 

We've been wearing masks simply because we like our spot even when they weren't required in other sections. 

That maybe sounds like we put a lot of emphasis on our spot, and that's not the point of Mass. You're correct. But C thrives with structure, routine and familiarity. While I certainly help him practice flexibility where I can, Mass is one area where it is within our control to provide him with the consistency that helps him thrive. Plus, we can see the altar and I think sitting in the front where kids can see is key to helping them grow in faith and understanding. So that's why we like our section and spot. 

But then we had a group singing, (Husband included!) instead of just one or two cantors. And the gifts were presented again. And the blood of Christ was offered again. 

Which means C received the blood of Christ for the first time yesterday. He did SO well and was almost giddy with excitement after. I was so proud and honestly had to choke back the sobbing. 

It was normal again. And I missed it so much. 

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! I hope the normalness continues :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy and blessed day! And I get you and your pew. Totally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We definitely have our spot as well! We are unmasked but our just receiving the body not the blood. Also still not shaking hands with the sign of peace which I am fine with. :)

    So glad things are starting to get back to normal!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!