Thursday, May 26, 2022

Double Digit Birthday Boy


Goose, 

10. 

I mean, 10 seems really big. And yet I know there's so much more to come. It helps that you're still so tiny and snuggly. Please please never stop snuggling with me. I know you hate the "Best Snuggle Friends Forever" song, but kid you are just so snuggly. And no matter how big you get I want to snuggle you. 

This past year was a good one really. Third grade was not as scary as I thought it would be. Even math went okay and I was worried to be honest. I just kept reminding you that never once in my life has anyone ever asked me to do 100 multiplication problems in 5 minutes so it doesn't matter much to me that your brain doesn't work that fast. You can get the right answer, in your own timing. And I am okay with that. 

You are so imaginative. Still. I love how you are still so innocent and prefer just playing toys to about anything else in the whole wide world. I also appreciate that you still love Bluey and other shows even if the boys in your class call them "baby shows." They can keep their video games and violence thank you. 

This year you were in your first play and you were really very good at it. I want to always remember your big heart trying to clean up the snow as you were meant to be exiting. You also were given the largest speaking part when your class led school Mass. And I am equally proud of you for that. Next year you can become an altar server and while I am not sure if you want to, I hope you do. Serving the Lord is always a good choice. 

You also ran track for the first time. You've never expressed a ton of interest in sports but it was a good place to start. And I think it was good for you. Even if track meets are boring to watch. You sure can run and keep going. 

Your interests really didn't expand much. It's funny how that happens. Every time I think we are past penguins or Minions, they come rolling back in full force. Mario, Garfield, Minions, Penguins, Peanuts, Calvin and Hobbes those are your jam. And parades. You just love parades. I honestly don't get it, because of the parade hater that I am. But I love how you love them. 

It's incomprehensible how ten years went by so quickly. It's incomprehensible how much I love you. You drive me up a wall and can push my buttons like no one else and I would do literally anything for you because you are one of the most important people in my life. I pray this is the summer you flourish and I am praying for a friend for you so much. You have such a wonderful heart to share. 

You are loved. You are cherished. I appreciate all that you are and I cannot wait to see what this next year brings. Happy happy birthday C! 

Love, Mom 





3 comments:

  1. Double digits is a hard birthday for mom! He seems like such a sweet kid, I love that he is still innocent and watching Bluey. Keep that as long as possible :) I wish we lived closer and he could be friends with my 10 year old. Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to sweet C! Double digits is such a huge milestone. He sounds like such a precious soul. I just prayed for a sweet friend for him. I have no doubt that God will send the perfect one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sweetness and innocence of your boy, we need more like him. Too many kids are growing up too fast these days. Happy Birthday to C! 🎉

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!