Pages

Friday, September 2, 2022

What a Week

Last week school started on a Tuesday. A short week is always nice. This week, the full 5 days and boy are we all feeling it. Not to mention that it has also just been a busy week for me at work. Not bad, at all, just busy. We are definitely grateful for the 3 day weekend coming up! 

So here we are in September. But let's finish up August, shall we? 

I finally got a picture of the grown-up Cozy Coupe. I had told my parents about it just recently and then luckily we spotted it! So I for sure snapped a picture. It's a tiny smart car and I love their humor.


This next picture serves two purposes. First to show that Monday Rosary is back! And oh boy, praying with my tribe again was soooooo good. But also, because a million years ago I saw these toys at Target on massive clearance and I wanted them but put them back. Then nobody liked Sofia anymore and that was the end of that. My church basement nursery room is the place of not only my prayers but apparently my dreams too. 


Tuesday was a big day because Husband started piano lessons. He took them when he was young and wanted to get back to it. I fully admit filling out his forms brought me an immense amount of joy. And so did taking his "First Day of Lessons" picture with his little piano bag. 


Wednesday was my birthday! And it was the busiest day because I had so many meetings. It was a good day. And we capped it off with the biggest birthday party Mom's Night Out Mingle ever. 61 ladies came and me and my friend/coworker hosted for our parish. Everyone had a name tag that had people rotating to different groups and tables to answer the questions we picked for each round. It was like speed dating for friends. And it was good! 


Then yesterday M and I had a little girls' trip. Okay, it wasn't that exciting, it was to our fancy new Children's Hospital about an hour away. M is going to have a mole removed in the future. At the check out desk, they had these light-up chickens and corn. It was so very Iowa. And M and I appreciated it. 

And now, Friday. Hallelujah and Amen. 

Hope you've had a good week!

2 comments:

  1. Your parish sounds like an amazing community of women, love it! I also adore that your husband is going back to piano lessons. I haven't rented my own violin yet, but I have been helping Declan learn his beginner songs and I really miss playing myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of your husband! I think it's so cool that he's taking lessons. Happy belated birthday to you!🥳

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!