Pages

Monday, October 24, 2022

My Birthday Girl!

 Oh M had just the very best 8th birthday on Saturday! She woke up and Husband fulfilled her request for a waffle with whipped cream. He hand-whipped it and threw some strawberries on for good measure. 


She got to open two presents early in the day. C got her a Mirabelle Barbie and we got her... 


An ice maker! No lie, this girl LOVES a good ice water. And our fridge doesn't have a water hook up. And we rarely make ice cubes with the ice cube trays mostly because I don't give a hoot about ice so I wouldn't make any. 

So a countertop ice maker it is. It makes 12 ice cubes in 6 minutes. And she loved it! 

We had a snacky lunch, because we did. Featuring her new favorite "fancy" thing... the Bagel Bite. 


Then it was time to head off to her party! At the art museum! Her birthday shirt this year says It's a good day to make some art! 


She got to kill some time and sketch while she waited for her friends. 


And then they all joined her in the art studio for mask making. With a great art teacher and they had a good time!


Then they went on a gallery tour. Which was the cutest. Seriously. 


But this was the best, we were walking towards a new area and M spotted this painting and the plaque on the wall. It was Joan Miro. (I didn't know either, don't feel bad.) M got really excited and pointed it out and suddenly I had 9 second-graders giddy with excitement! They had just studied Joan Miro in art class. So to spot his work in the wild was very cool. So I had them take a picture to send to the art teacher. (Who happens to be my friend.) I knew it would make her so proud and happy. It completely did. 


Our docent was very impressed! (I was too!) But then the docent also was impressed because they knew about All Saints Day. And Haiti because of our sister parish. The kids did a great job with the gallery tour. 

Then we went back to the studio for Crumbl cookies, goldfish, and juice boxes. Oh and opening presents. 


Her birthday banner was obviously art themed. 


We had the best day celebrating our favorite girl. We are so lucky she's ours!!


Happy birthday M! 





2 comments:

  1. She is so adorable. Happy birthday, 8 is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, sweet girl! And Mom, that is a party! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!