Friday, January 13, 2023

Friday!

 Oh happy happy Friday! Okay, I started this post LAST Friday and never got to finishing or posting so how about a super lame 2 week recap?

The first week back after a whole lotta nothing was rough. We were all exhausted. And then this week was busy busy busy for me. 

But here we are. 

Some things that have tickled me this lately. This picture of Pope Benedict that was on the altar in church. 


Well it is a framed picture that was hanging in my brother's room for years. The other side covered up is JPII. As my parents were cleaning out his room they decided since I work for a church all Catholic things were coming to me. I didn't want to hang it in my office so I stuck it in the spare office and then a few months later it ended up on the altar without me knowing ahead of time. 

This was the snow we got last Wednesday. 


This was my Dad's snow the same day. 


Since then, it snowed here for real, like 2 inches, melted and here we are. I love having no snow! I just need to make it through next Wednesday and if it wants to get super cold and gross after that, fine I suppose. 

The absolute highlight of the last week is that we live in a time where Aaron Rodgers didn't make the playoffs. And his final throw of the season was an interception. 

I will root for the Vikings as long as I am breathing but I know what I want and what is likely are very different things. So I hope this is a safe fun week of football for everyone playing. 


Want to hear something CRAZY?! Casey's (like the midwest Gas Station) has the best pizza. It took me many years to even try it because again, gas station pizza?! Horrifying. 

But it's really not. It's delicious. Anyway, apparently it's national pizza week. Who knew? Anyway, I don't insta anymore. But sometimes I log in to see what's going on. And they said share your favorite Casey's pizza moment to win a free pizza. So I did. 

Then yesterday at our weekly staff meeting I mentioned that I thought I should win the pizza of the day. 

AND THEN I DID!


I literally couldn't believe it. I had a DM and I was confused because I do not really insta for real. I follow no one I know in real life. I check in only periodically. So I opened the message and thought it must be a joke... but then I went to their stories and it WASN'T. 

And that is the tale of me and the free large pizza I won. 

My beautiful pookies had their auditions for their show yesterday. It is Beauty and the Beast. I don't know where they'll end up. I am hoping M gets to be the "I Need Six Eggs" lady or a Silly Girl and I would be content if C was the Bookseller or Whatever. C would very much like to be Cogsworth, which might be a stretch but I've been surprised before. 

Tomorrow is the First Reconciliation Retreat and after that we are going out to lunch to celebrate my very good but busy week. (First large group Confirmation meeting was on Sunday all the way through a retreat on Saturday.) 

I am also excited for a day of rest on Monday. God bless MLK Jr. for his work to better our world and our government for recognizing that. 





2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the free pizza! What a wonderful surprise! Enjoy your much deserved day off on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Pizza!! Free Pizza? Even Better!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!