So remember last Thursday when I waxed poetically about my love for Cracker Barrel?
Yeah. Guess where we had dinner on Friday night?
Don't mind his full cheeks! M had a roller skating birthday party to attend and guess what restaurant happens to be awfully close to said roller rink?
And we wandered the gift shop after as you do, and found this Lambies in Jammies and Goats in Coats planner we thought was funny. C also found a comic a day calendar he was interested in.
Do you do this? It has worked SO well for our family. When our kids see things they want in stores we take a picture of them holding it. Being able to look back at a picture of themselves holding a thing makes them happy and sometimes is enough to not even ever talk about it again.
And for the things they still really want, we can go back through photos when we need gift ideas and see exactly what it is they had their eye on. Perfect for holiday list-making.
Saturday we had a family adventure that was almost (girl math) free. First the kids had an explorers class about World Cultures at the museum Husband works at.
I went with for pick up and it was the first time I saw his office and the behind-the-scenes stuff. I wanted to go on a weekend so I wouldn't have to run into coworkers and things. I am weird like that.
Then we went to Barnes and Noble. We could browse for hours there and the kids each picked a book and so did Husband... and we had gift cards for all of it.
After that we got Chick-Fil-A from the food court. We had reward points for free fries and a free sandwich so a portion was free and we earned a free sandwich with what we paid for.
M and I went to Bath and Body Works after because she loves that store. She got some lotions and potions and things. And okay, that wasn't free.
THEN we went to Mad Potter a paint-your-own pottery place. We'd been talking about going there for a long time. And we finally just did.
Later we went back out to Kohls. We actually were looking for new bedding for M but she didn't find anything that she liked. We are waiting for a wow!
But Husband needed some pants for the holidays and he wanted a new hoodie. And he looked like a cartoon character who only wears one thing as he checked out his khakis and blue hoodie while wearing khakis and a blue hoodie. The best news was we had a Kohl's gift card too. So free!
Yesterday we spent a good solid 5 hours burning through a large stick pile in our yard. We didn't finish but made a great dent!
We were outside from 2-7. Husband even longer as he waited for the solo stove to cool off. Once we got it going there was no smoke or smell. And our neighbor started burning at about 8:00 and it was SO stinky and smoky that we could smell it in our living room! I was not a fan and I will sing the praises of the solo stove forever.
So that was our weekend! Busy Saturday but in a good way. Low Key productive Sunday. All is well.








I love your aside about girl math. I get caught in discussions with my husband, who is very savvy with the finances, and he is trying to explain to me why a gift card from our bank rewards is not free$.... it is to me!
ReplyDelete