So last week I left you with new glasses and angry skies. Since then a lot happened but not a lot all at the same time. Husband and M had their piano recital.
I am told it went well. See it got scheduled well after my weekend in Wisconsin was scheduled. I was not the only mom who wasn't there. To ease the sting, M had only 12 lessons before her recital and I have been to every one so I feel like I understand how she's doing already.
While in Wisconsin, my friends woke up early to see beautiful sights like this:
Those are actual pictures my friends took. I, in full transparency, slept right through all of that. And it was cloudy by midday. I had this cozy little spot I could put my feet up on. And that was good.
Yesterday was a big day though because Husband turned 40!! We went out to dinner at the place he picked.
And came home for Dairy Queen Cake Cups.
Seriously, the best invention. He really wanted a DQ cake and I didn't want to clean out the freezer to make room for said cake. Insert: cake cups.
And in true turning 40 style, the gift he was most excited about was socks. :)
He is the worst gift recipient I have ever met. The guy who has one drink and plays his cup like a guiro with a toothpick. The least picky person I know who still makes chicken pot pie without the chicken in it for the particular eaters he both married and is raising. He's the doer to my dreamer. He's the better half of us for sure. And now he is 40! (But like what the heck? We aren't old!)
So that's a little bit of what we've been up to. And there's that.








Happy Birthday to your man! Oh, to be 40 again! You young ins!!! And...how about that Taylor Swift video with POST!!! I think I have watched it 2 dozen times!!!!
ReplyDeleteA belated Happy Birthday to your husband! (And DQ ice cream cake cups?!?! What a great invention!)
ReplyDelete